• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent window track.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to find all the parts to get the windows back in the doors.
I have a picture of a part that looks like its supposed to be spot welded to the lower part of the vent track. I see the parts in the manual but it doesn't explain how they attach. One looks as if it were welded at one time.

IMG_0793[1].JPG IMG_0794[1].JPG

Spot weld is correct. Mine came loose so I drilled and used small bolts and lock nuts.

If you have a welder just weld them on along the edges. Very common problem on the vent window division channels.

Didn't for me. Too far down
Ahh i was just looking at the track.. And where you would bolt them is farther back than where the window slides up and down. I see your point. I do have a welder and will probably just go that route..

Both of mine were broke off, spot weld it back on.
20170209_190138.jpg

I did the same.. good info for others though. Thanks the doors are complete internally now. Now its just the door panels trim and water shields that need to be put on. Trying to get the guy to come put the top on the car. I can start putting all the other parts in after that. Dash, carpet, windshield, rear glass etc etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back