• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vert vs, hardtop rear seat covers

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Guys, I need to know if there is a huge difference between the rear seats (frames) on a vert and hardtop. I have an opportunity to get some rear covers for a vert rather cheap, but I have a hardtop.
So will the verts fit with some work or is the seat frames totally different and not even worth trying? This is for a 64 b body. Any help would be appreciated.

i might be wrong, but im pretty sure the rear seats on a hardtop are longer than a vert .... think the vet covers would be too short for h/t frames

i might be wrong, but im pretty sure the rear seats on a hardtop are longer than a vert .... think the vet covers would be too short for h/t frames

You are right......The rear door panels kick in further, covering the swiveling convertible framework, thus a noticably smaller width across. I couldn't tell you about a 64' but I know on my 68' it would take some real serious stitch work to make it happen. But in your situation...Add material to it for fit???? Geezzz, sounds a heck of a lot easier just to buy correct ones.

I see your point, stumbled across cheaper parts-maybe they'll fit? Who know's? Worth a shot asking.........

Good luck!

Well that bites. Guess I gotta call legendary and get the matching rears . Man, I could have saved a ton of money.

Auto Transport Service
Back