• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Proud, I will have a marine recruit in the family

I had a layover in San Diego last Sunday, coulda thrown a rock & hit MCRD from my gate... The view from the gate across the base & out to Mission Hills was a total flashback to when I attended Boot Camp... I use to look out at that hill & wish I was out there instead of marching around the base...

MCRD remains, NTC/RTC Worm Island where I actually was is gone...

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 1.02.14 PM.png

ANOTHER Leatherneck!! CONGRATS POPS, God be with him. Remind the JARHEAD that he is in Department of the NAVY, where REAL military men were. @1 Wild R/T, steath and under radar was what us SUBMARINERS did best!! :lol:

@Pops1967GTX : there is a great book out by a Jarhead called "CALL SIGN HADES" by Capt Mark Bodrog, good read for him. About Afganastan, very enlightening.

this leatherneck might follow in NYCPD, but of late he's leaning towards the fire department....

congratulations
Two of my sons went in together. They stayed for 8 years. Best thing they they ever did. Made stand up men out of them. Both used the gi bill graduated college and have great jobs. Very proud father
The Parriss island graduation is unforgettable

congratulations
Two of my sons went in together. They stayed for 8 years. Best thing they they ever did. Made stand up men out of them. Both used the gi bill graduated college and have great jobs. Very proud father
The Parriss island graduation is unforgettable
My oldest went thru in ‘92, totally agree. Pops, congrats on the E-3. Looks squared away. Tell him Semper Fi from me also. AND, yes, it’s Dept.of the Navy; but, the real men side!! Jeff

I had a layover in San Diego last Sunday, coulda thrown a rock & hit MCRD from my gate... The view from the gate across the base & out to Mission Hills was a total flashback to when I attended Boot Camp... I use to look out at that hill & wish I was out there instead of marching around the base...

MCRD remains, NTC/RTC Worm Island where I actually was is gone...

View attachment 1300715
California Marine.(kinda Navy,lol)!! No “pogey bait” anywhere close to Parris Island.

California Marine.(kinda Navy,lol)!! No “pogey bait” anywhere close to Parris Island.
Say what ya want, San Diego back in the 70's was a great place to spend time... After Boot camp I spent two years at the Coronado (Amphib base) which is kinda like San Diego's premium beach community... I've been back recently & it's still a great place but the fun & freedom of the 70's is long gone... And theres probably three Tims as many people...

Say what ya want, San Diego back in the 70's was a great place to spend time... After Boot camp I spent two years at the Coronado (Amphib base) which is kinda like San Diego's premium beach community... I've been back recently & it's still a great place but the fun & freedom of the 70's is long gone... And theres probably three Tims as many people...
Speaking of Boot Camp....

Hey pops buy that Marine a beer for me
And one for me. Semper Fi. ( his body will never be better). Congratulations.. Next stop is Lejuene, I assume? Eyes&ears open,,, mouth shut.(what my Navy dad told me)Oops, Hollywood Marine, guess it’s Pendleton (1stMarDiv). Still a Marine tho.

Last edited:
Get that Jarhead a shot o-whiskey & beer chaser!! CONGRATS POPS & JARHEAD!!

US Navy still RULES!!
EM2/SS Vet
aka. BUBBLEHEAD NUKE!!

Auto Transport Service
Back