• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VHT issues. No material to prep with.

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Brainerd Raceway in Minnesota will only have eighth mile races for the rest of the year. Not able to prep the track for quarter mile racing. Big problem everywhere it seems. Not sure about Rock Falls in Wisconsin.

The no prep guys were ahead of the curve.

Brainerd Raceway in Minnesota will only have eighth mile races for the rest of the year. Not able to prep the track for quarter mile racing. Big problem everywhere it seems. Not sure about Rock Falls in Wisconsin.

Having raced at Rock Falls.... they dont call it Slippery Rock for no reason. I think they predicted the lack of VHT 25 years ago :)

Truth be told I think my last pass down there was early 2000s when Corda still owned it. I have no idea if it is like that any more at all. Seemed every time I raced there, it was drama of some sort (not necessarily me, just in general)

"Allegedly" Lots of places use Coke/soft drink syrup now anyway

I doubt the NHRA will though
I highly doubt they will run 1/8th mile either
already shorter than it should be at 1,000ft for T/F & F/C classes

Pro-Mod & Pro-stock guys have been bitching for a long time
that they need to go all the way past 1320ft, not just stop after 1,000ft
while adding adhesive ("VHT") to the tracks,
P/S & P/M don't have anywhere near the downforce the other guys/Pros all do
literally like a ice rink out there at 200+ or 250+mph

Auto Transport Service
Back