• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victory motorcycles won't be down for breakfast

Ever see those Can-Am spiders? They look fun
On a road trip last summer, they seemed to be popular. Seemed like every fourth biker now had three wheels instead of two. I talked to one guy and he was on a long ride from Quebec to Alaska. He had picked up his Can-Am right from the factory and was taking it home.

I read somewhere that Victory's share of the new motorcycle market is about 2% and dropping. That's probably not enough market share to keep any make in business. It seems to me that the big bike market is pretty much maxed out with a lot of the customers getting older and a lot of the younger ones drawn to the road bike (crotch rocket) market, but that's just my own observation.

Also alot of younger people are into the dirt bike/Enduro market. Where I live it's much more practical

I see the older guys(like me) are getting the 4x4 side by side 2,4,or 6 seaters for off road. AZ and NV there are lots of them. True in what you stated, I know of 3 guys that aren't riding their Harley's anymore.

Victory did have some nice bikes, and now that you pretty much have to be a doctor or lawyer to afford a Harley.....

...although you can pick up a 2007 or newer EFI 1200 sporty for under 5K if you look around...

RE 3 wheelers---T Rex.....Hyabusa drivetrain with two front wheels, car seating position and a steering wheel.

Too bad & good by Victory/Indian

Smiley Well Bye !!.jpg

I know a couple guys who own them,
I know Arlen & Corey Ness some too from nostalgia racing partners,
he had a part in the redesigns {partly why my buddies bought the Victory}
from what they have said they are a well refined bike, smooth power
great horse power, effeciant power, confortable & fast with less cost,
"allegedly" handles great much more like sport bikes, than a big heavy outdated cruisers
{not sure the curb weights} "allegedly" fixed a few/long standing of the issues,
most co.'s have had with most V-twins in general,
Including Harleys/Yamahas {I did have a couple V-Max's, an AMF Harley too}

Lobbyists drove them out I'd bet, big money always wins
market share & open market will tell if you will succeed of not,
if not sooner or later the new fluff or marketing gimmicks wears off...

Consumers spoke, they dictate what will survive, as it should be...

I did like the looks & styling of the Gunner 106ci EFI was a sexy look

2015 Victory Gunner unveiled advert. #1 106ci V-Twin EFI.jpg

the Victory X-1 Bagger was a sporty looking & well rated bagger too

2015 Victory Magnum X-1 Bagger.jpg

Last edited:
Not into hogs & copy hogs....a Buell would be fun.

I've always liked Nortons
The new generation look really nice, would love to ride one.
Screenshot_20170111-202517.jpg

That is a good looken' Norton,
I'm usually not a British bike guy at all
I'm very fond of British bikes. Nortons especially but also Triumphs BSA and others

Ever since "Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas", I've admired these:
PAY1953-Vincent-Black-Shadow.jpg
A Friend had one back in 70's.
My Brother had an Ariel square four till recently. My Dad was a hill climber on Harley's & Ariel's in His Youth.

Auto Transport Service
Back