• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN Decoder and Title History--69 RR

05harley

Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
VIN Code RM21H9G273138 is supposed to be a 69 Roadrunner----can anyone help me verify if it is in fact a 69RR-----I have the current name on the title, but is there a way to get all the past owners names back to the original purchaser of the car???---thanks for any help you can provide---

The M in the RM at the start of the VIN tells us it's a Road Runner.

I track cars built at the St. Louis plant (G code in VIN) and would like to know more about the car.
It falls between these two.

R* 23 * 273122
R* 23 * 273224

Yep VIN tells it all.

Re past owners: Go to your state's DMV .. they either will or won't give you that info. IL used to but probably doesn't anymore due to privacy or something

I bought my car out of MI. I'm 99% sure my car never left the state after it was built until I bought the car. They only have records back 10 years after they purged their database. I have what I believe to be the orig. license plate but they only keep those records back 5 years. Due to privacy laws owners names & address are not disclosed.

I would think that governments would keep all of this info. Also any cars 67 & below you can get the IBM card from Chrysler Historical Services. Supposedly a fire destroyed all records 68 & above.

It seems that I will never get the info as to what dealership this was delivered to.

I bought my car out of MI. I'm 99% sure my car never left the state after it was built until I bought the car. They only have records back 10 years after they purged their database. I have what I believe to be the orig. license plate but they only keep those records back 5 years. Due to privacy laws owners names & address are not disclosed.

I would think that governments would keep all of this info. Also any cars 67 & below you can get the IBM card from Chrysler Historical Services. Supposedly a fire destroyed all records 68 & above.

It seems that I will never get the info as to what dealership this was delivered to.

Unless you are the titled, registered owner of that car, it is impossible to get ownership history in all states, period. If you are the owner, then most states will give that to you for a fee, back as far as they keep that info. And you'll only get history in the state you're in. For example, I know my imperial came out of MO. Were I to inquire MO DMV for a title history, they'd say "no", because the car is no longer titled there and I don't live there. So, unless you already have registration/title history with the car and can contact previous owners that way, you're pretty much SOL.

No state that I'm aware of, keeps originating dealer info in a title history on car that old. The only way I know about the history on my Coronet is that I bought it off the original owner and he told me what dealer sold him the car. Getting ownership history was easy prior to 9/11.

BTW, I had a '69 Dart GTS 440 back in 1988...pre-interwebz. I tracked down the eight previous owners the old fashioned way...sleuthing! Phone calls, DMV checks, and letters yielded all of the PO's, plus who sold the car originally! Hinckley Dodge, SLC, UT. Took six weeks of work, but I did it. Sometimes the old ways, are the best ways.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back