• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin number and body shell

Forkboycreated

Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a situation. I have purchased a 69 Roadrunner it has the vin but the cowl tag is gone. I did more investing on the body the gears are 2.76 stamped which I think its not standard on a RR which it should he 3.23 but a satellite would have that? it’s another 69 the code is RM21 on the vin so it’s a pillar car I checked the numbers stamped on the trunk and the front next to the Radiator the front and back match but not the vin. No title just bill of sale I’m wondering if the the original body for the vin was totaled and this current one is a satellite donor body would it still be fine I guess I just need to take it to the dmv and get it checked out what do you guys run I

Last edited:
About all you can legally do at this point is get a state assigned VIN.

Not sure if I understand. You have 2 cars? The one you just got has no vin tag on the dash? But the Satty has a RM21?

Not sure if I understand. You have 2 cars? The one you just got has no vin tag on the dash? But the Satty has a RM21?
Sorry. I got rr vin on satty body no cowl tag
The. Stamped numbers match each other front and back but not the vin and the gears are 2.76

Sounds like some on swapped the dash from a R/R. I doubt if they will check body stamps. Have some one do a VIN search. I hope you dont mind me asking but where did you get it, Wa?

Sounds like some on swapped the dash from a R/R. I doubt if they will check body stamps. Have some one do a VIN search. I hope you dont mind me asking but where did you get it, Wa?
He does not have a title either. Best was is to go to the DMV and request a state assigned VIN. Paper work and a inspection and he should be able to get a title in his name.

Seattle I have uncle out there was his buddies last his buddie had it was 2001 and just had it sitting

Every state is different. Nevada and NY are a RPITA. Oregon was easy NM not to bad. Texas was easy as pie. I got a 02 F350, title bill of sale, recipts. One state office said it didnt have the Nader sticker for 2 types of VIN Id needed. Sent me packing to the state police for them to OK it. This was during covid so you know what that **** Show was. Tookit to one of the express office, liscensed by the state. The gal needed a step stool and did not even look for the Rallf stamp. Get some one with an attitude and F Me. Or get the step stool girl.

Hey guys I have a situation. I have purchased a 69 Roadrunner it has the vin but the cowl tag is gone. I did more investing on the body the gears are 2.76 stamped which I think its not standard on a RR which it should he 3.23 but a satellite would have that? it’s another 69 the code is RM21 on the vin so it’s a pillar car I checked the numbers stamped on the trunk and the front next to the Radiator the front and back match but not the vin. No title just bill of sale I’m wondering if the the original body for the vin was totaled and this current one is a satellite donor body would it still be fine I guess I just need to take it to the dmv and get it checked out what do you guys run I
Get a bill of sale for the numbers you have on the body. Have the body numbers run to see if the car is stolen. If you can get the body put in your name, then order a VIN tag. Add anything to make it a Road Runner clone like a lot of other RR's and own a clone.

If the body VIN numbers show not stolen but there is still a question, there are Car Title companies that will store the vehicle for thirty days and then get a regular Title issued. Get a State VIN as a last resort only.

2.76 gears are irrelevant as to what the car is.

Way back when we used to Clip cars, Rusty rear like NY rusty with a smacked in the front Carolina car. Did quite a few mopars. We hardly knew what #s meant and didnt care. Now i would be shot.

Cowl tag? That’s a Chevy thing. Same with build sheet. I know... I hate when GM terminology gets applied to Mopars.

Sorry. :)

here's an option, if you are truly concerned......replace your "damaged" core support and "rotted" trunk gutter; register your "road runner" and drive it

Way back when we used to Clip cars, Rusty rear like NY rusty with a smacked in the front Carolina car. Did quite a few mopars. We hardly knew what #s meant and didnt care. Now i would be shot.
What fun that was huh

Get a bill of sale for the numbers you have on the body. Have the body numbers run to see if the car is stolen. If you can get the body put in your name, then order a VIN tag. Add anything to make it a Road Runner clone like a lot of other RR's and own a clone.

If the body VIN numbers show not stolen but there is still a question, there are Car Title companies that will store the vehicle for thirty days and then get a regular Title issued. Get a State VIN as a last resort only.

2.76 gears are irrelevant as to what the car is.
Well the vin is a roadrunner just the body I think it’s a satty

Auto Transport Service
Back