• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN Question

crahill39

Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
I let my GTX go the other day and have been looking for a 4-Speed B Body. I feel pretty stupid about asking this, but what is the reason for people hiding the VIN and Fender Tag information from ads? I had a line on a 69 RR, but when I asked to see a pic of the VIN to match up with the Fender Tag, I got nothing but grief. What kind of scam can be pulled when you show this information?

thats odd guess he doesnt want to sell it. There is no reason not to show it to you unless the tag doesnt go to the car.

I've seen a few potential car ads that did this. Not quite sure what the worry is, but I am trying to figure out the other side of the argument. I guess I understand now why his FB ad has been up for 6 weeks. Car looks like a good builder too.

Paranoia.

^^^ Fear that thieves with access to the registration data base will come steal the car out of their yard. Same deal with guys that cover their licence plates for pictures..

Auto Transport Service
Back