• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VINYL TOP INSTALL

XMAN JR

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Who here installed there own vinyl top ? What for glue did you use ? Any advise ?

3m high performance contact adhesive , I got the 1 quart can had plenty left over , bought a cheap spray gun and through it away when done , did the job by my self , not that bad to do

just watched you tube vids first I think legendary had the best video

My car originally had a vinyl top so I've thought about installing. Do you need to prep in any way to prevent water penetration and rust like a lot of the original vinyl top cars had to deal with.

I think they were pretty thin on the paint when they knew it was getting vinyl that or it wore through when it got loose but every old mopar I’ve seen didn’t have much if any paint
I just made sure I had a good layer of paint before I started and don’t miss any rust or it’ll come back fast under that vinyl

i took the vinyl top off a 74 challenger once & there was no paint under it just gray primer

I use meguires natural shine protectant on mine , never use armor all on anything

Auto Transport Service
Back