• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl top question

gdrill

Just enjoying "B"-ing here
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Stuck in the past, just North of Montana....
I did a search but couldn't find my answer clearly. When installing a vinyl top, where does it end at the drip rail? Does it stop in the bottom edge or come up to the top and hence get held by the brightwork? My 1966 Coronet was not vinyl and I don't have any close by to look at for comparison.

Thanx guy and gals

I think it comes up and over the drip rail. Also I believe there 2 different sets of bright work for with & without top. but confirm this.

Here's my '66 Coronet 500, original paint & vinyl top. Looks like it does go under the drip rail moulding.

IMG_4684.JPG IMG_4685.JPG

Believe it or not, the vinyl top replacement "how to" is in the service manual shown in the Body & Frame section.The vinyl goes into the gutter and is cut up and over the drip edge. The trim is then snapped over that .
HR 20

The trim is different. Vinyl top trim is wider to fit over the drip rail edge and the vinyl. It is also has a light blue color on the inside of the trim to show it's for vinyl.

The trim is different. Vinyl top trim is wider to fit over the drip rail edge and the vinyl. It is also has a light blue color on the inside of the trim to show it's for vinyl.
There is a company that sells a drip edge trim , claimed to work with either vinyl or non vinyl ...................................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back