• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

visiting Houston

ChargerST

Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
I'll be in Houston for a few days at the end of May with my kids (3 and 6) and like to do something car related with them (maybe just with my older one).
A drag race? Any tipps for me?
Thanks

I'll be in Houston for a few days at the end of May with my kids (3 and 6) and like to do something car related with them (maybe just with my older one).
A drag race? Any tipps for me?
Thanks
Probably would do better to look up 'what to do in Houston' than to ask me. I stay out of that town as much as possible lol. You did just miss the Spring Nationals drag race in Baytown though. I hear the Houston Zoo is pretty good place to go to these days....

They are having space city showdown at the race track May 19-20. Friday nights are street car drags. Baytown is a good 20-30 minutes east from downtown. Zoo is good for kids and Space Center Houston is also cool. There are car shows all around town every Saturday morning. There is a facebook group called Houston Regional Automotive Events if yo uwant to see if there are any local shows at the time you are going to be around.

looks good

Smiley Homer drooling.jpg

The place is kinda dumpy looking....like built in an old house with several additions added over the years. Kinda like one of those 'watch your step' places lol. Maybe that's the reason for no kids? Food was good though. Btw, San Leon is one of those towns where you go to hide out....kinda like mid east Texas piney woods :D

Thanks guys! Maybe I should have been more clear in my post. Mainly looking for car stuff (my kids love the Charger and I want to show them some more related events/stuff) - the other attractions are already on my list but thanks for confirming

the org. Gillly's was in Pasadena, Texas
down your way too wasn't it ?

I did go there a couple of times in the mid-late 80's IIRC
was a huge & lively place, way back when
I had a freaken' blast dancing & I'm no dancer
seemed nobody was asking the ladies/gorgeous by the way
all dolled up in cowgirl apparel, to dance
$1 a shot Jack helped too

the org. Gillly's was in Pasadena, Texas
down your way too wasn't it ?

I did go there a couple of times in the mid-late 80's IIRC
was a huge & lively place, way back when
I had a freaken' blast dancing & I'm no dancer
seemed nobody was asking the ladies/gorgeous by the way
all dolled up in cowgirl apparel, to dance
$1 a shot Jack helped too
Yup, the place wasn't far from where I'm living....went there once but I'm not into crowded joints very much and left pretty much after walking in the door lol. The place burned down in 1990....arson. Fighting between Gilley and Cryer who owned the place.....

Gonna be hot as hell in late May.

Auto Transport Service
Back