• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

voltmeter replacing ampmeter

jamba

Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
my -77 Cordoba has "fixed" ampmeter and so not working. I'd like to put voltmeter into it's place. But as it's needle is upside down, seems hard to find such voltmeter.
any suggestions? I'd like to keep original look.

I would try contacting Shannon Hudson at Redline Gauge works in Santa Clarita California. I had them rebuild the gauge panel in my 68 Charger and convert the amp gauge to a voltmeter. They convert the old gauge and reface it to read volts so it should match the others. There are probably other vendors that can do it also but I have used Redline a few times. Have not been disappointed. email them at: [email protected]

I agree with the above post. Shannon has done 3 amp to volt meter conversions for me now. Always good work and as an added bonus, he is also a Mopar guy.

When you say upside down do you mean it points down? If so I used one of these in my truck.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029JZXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I removed the guts and it lined right with the ammeter studs.

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0779 (Medium).JPG

I plan on using the same gauge on my 71 Charger rallye gauges. It works for the tach/clock gauges but not the standard rallye gauges.

Auto Transport Service
Back