• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wagon Wednesday 67 Belvedere II or 67 Belvedere TWO

Jim 68cuda

Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
So, I may be crazy, but I did it again. I bought another 67 Belvedere II wagon. My existing wagon that I bought sight unseen years ago from a member of the Station Wagon Forum has a rebuilt motor, working a.c. and is probably as reliable and trouble free as a brand new car (one of the members here rebuilt the motor and installed the a.c. for me before I ever saw the car in person). But, while it doesn't have alot of rust, it does have rust in difficult to repair places (most notably the window channels for the rear side glass, dog leg at the rockers, spare tire well, and tailgate, and the "D" pillars and rear roof along the drip rails).
So, I have always kept an eye out for a more solid body. In April I ran across a partially disassembled wagon on the Kansas City Craigslist. After obtaining alot of pictures, I again pulled the trigger on a car, sight unseen.
Today this wagon arrived. After sorting through all the parts crammed inside the car, I have found that it's very complete. As for the body, it appears to be very straight and solid. There is body filler plugging a small rust hole at the bottom of the spare tire well in the right rear quarter panel (alot less than my other wagon though), and a rectangular patch will be needed on the inside of the tailgate, and a repair on the passenger side cross member (reproduction pieces are available). Otherwise, the entire car is super clean and solid.
The original plan was to take the entire drive train out of the existing (reliable) wagon, and putting the long dormant drive train from this wagon into the old wagon and then selling it. But, if we get this motor running, we may just leave the other wagon alone. Will have to evaluate the options as I go on this one.
DSCN0971.JPG
DSCN0985.JPG
DSCN0992.JPG
DSCN1002.JPG
DSCN1003.JPG
DSCN1021.JPG
DSCN1023.JPG
DSCN1024.JPG
DSCN0981.JPG

It did come in handy having another wagon on hand to help identify all the loose parts stuffed inside the new wagon.

Wow, lookit all the Mopars! It must be a lot of fun to hang out at your place!

OK, here goes :
Big, big block
Manual trans
Full semi-quiet exhaust (at idle anyway!)
Mini tub
Black wheels
'67 Gold Metallic paint
Black painted side inlays and roof
Lift off RO hood
Keep all chrome and roof rack
Keep it low
Then give it to me !!!

OK, here goes :
Big, big block
Manual trans
Full semi-quiet exhaust (at idle anyway!)
Mini tub
Black wheels
'67 Gold Metallic paint
Black painted side inlays and roof
Lift off RO hood
Keep all chrome and roof rack
Keep it low
Then give it to me !!!
Thanks, but if I had any intention of cutting it up with mini tubs or anything else, I would have done that with the existing wagon. Certainly wouldn't cut up one that is so solid in that area. I may decide on a big block, but I prefer the look of the stock hood.

Auto Transport Service
Back