• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB ***WANTED*** 1967 383 core engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_stocker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Savannah, Tn....I escaped the State of Confusion!
Looking to purchase a 1967 383 core engine. Complete or long block, (matters not) but it must have the correct cylinder heads. Nothing freshly rebuilt, nothing overbored more than +.030" and by-all-means, no rusted pile of scrap. If you have something within 350 miles of Savannah, Tn, pm me here, thanks.

Looking to purchase a 1967 383 core engine. Complete or long block, (matters not) but it must have the correct cylinder heads. Nothing freshly rebuilt, nothing overbored more than +.030" and by-all-means, no rusted pile of scrap. If you have something within 350 miles of Savannah, Tn, pm me here, thanks.
I have a 67 383 that I think has never been bored but I don't know because I haven't removed the heads but Google maps says you are 460 miles away. I was saving it for my nephew but he passed due to covid.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, my condolences. If it is a '67 383, it should have the small exhaust valve 915 heads and a forged crankshaft? Depending on price, I may take you up on the offer but I'll have to get back to you as my bride is terminally ill and dying of cancer. Since I'm her caregiver I cannot leave her for anything other than short local errands, but I'll get back to you. Thanks for responding to my ad, much appreciate...pm me and we'll go from there.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, my condolences. If it is a '67 383, it should have the small exhaust valve 915 heads and a forged crankshaft? Depending on price, I may take you up on the offer but I'll have to get back to you as my bride is terminally ill and dying of cancer. Since I'm her caregiver I cannot leave her for anything other than short local errands, but I'll get back to you. Thanks for responding to my ad, much appreciate...pm me and we'll go from there.
I'll see what heads it has. I know it has a forged crankshaft. It has been in my heated and a/c shop for the last 7 years. I turn it over every couple of months to make sure it doesn't seize.

I thought small valve 915 heads were on c body 440 only and big valve up were RT /GTX 440 only .

I couldn't tell you what the body application was as these came out of wrecked (bone-yard) cars, 30 plus years ago. I do know they were 1.60 exhaust 915 383 engines, but that's all I can tell you by my personal experience. I've had 3-4 like that, all 4 bbl versions. Maybe Chrysler produced both varieties depending on what body they went in?? Dunno, but I try to learn something new everyday! I missed one in the Nashville area 8-10 months ago that had them and another somewhere in Indiana. Since I am far from all mopar knowledge, somebody cam help me out here, I'd appreciate it...thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back