• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED (4) 15 x 7 magnum 500 wheels

Lapdog55

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
looking to purchase 4 magnum 15x7 wheels.
located in eastern pennsylvania

Please contact Dave @ phone number removed by staff
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know there are no 15x7 mopar magnum wheels, right? All 15" magnums are ford or aftermarket.

If you do find ford wheels you will need to grind or lathe the hub opening where the centers mount to fit the retainer.

Nope.

No register hole on Magnum 500 wheels.

BTW, they were also sold aftermarket by the manufacturer, Motor Wheel Co.

These are the rims I have on the front.
I had to remove about 1/8" from the hole where the center mounts.
The opening was not large enough for the retainer to drop in from the inside.
Perhaps it was just this set, but there is no way you would be able to mount the mopar centers.

Magnum500.jpg

I bought 15x7 ford stamped rims and had no problem mounting the generic centers tht accept what ever sticker you want.

I also have 14x6 and had no problem with those either.

I axed about this on the Daytona da dude wuz inspecting da utter day Nobody said nuttin

In the 67 Plymouth Dealer order book, what we call Magnum 500 were actually ordered as
Chrome Steel Road Wheels—all chrome in 67-68
14x5.5 R&W 2823840
14x6 C bodies 2823841
66-67 Charger and C body steel rims, deep dish rims were 2534702 5.5x14. 66 number might be different.
I had to enlarge the hole on the Ford 15x7s. These went on the front of course We had rims-made for one our son`s 67 Charger. Had the wheel shop cut out the center of 14`and add a15 x 10 inch bell. 295x50 fits nicely. I wouldn’t try this on other 66-67 B bodies.
I did the same with my 67 Charger, but used a 15x8 inch bell. I had a taller tire. Made the trip to Detroit, no problems, used a lot of fuel.

I really can't understand why people use old wheel centers to build wheels , when brand new wheels ( just like what they are having built ) are available at a cost that is very close to what they are already spending. I can see it , if the wheels are something that no one is reproducing on a regular basis. Usually the original wheel centers have a lug hole or two that is bad , especially original Magnum 500 wheels. Repop Magnum 500 wheels from Coker have more metal ( in the shape of a dome ) around each lug hole. I have bought a lot of used wheels , first thing I check is the lug holes to see if they are egg shaped. When you have a wheel built, with a new band , you lose the part number anyway....

Frank

Some of the wheels are made off shore, and I have seen some of the problems. If the wheels are made in North America at the right places, that would be the place to source.
If you happen to have some centres around, I would use them.
It was considerably less to have my mine made into 15x10`s than buy new ones.
Most of the time I will. Restore, refurbish, re-plate and do whatever I can. This mainly deals with trim.
I have seen quite a few people, including myself buy repo parts and had too modify things. Just my opinion.

Where did you get them re-hooped?

I can only find individuals west of the Mississippi.

Freight charges are high, and none of the individuals have a very good reputation for turn around times or communication.

Last edited:
I have dealt with Diamond Racing Wheels in WI , as far as my new wheel centers. Customers that I have sent there have been happy with the work. Don't know about the price to cut out a wheel center.

Frank

I will make this clear , I am only dealing with wheels. The other things don't apply in this conversation.
If I sell you a new or used wheel and you have a problem , let me know. We will work something out to get the problem fixed. That is the way I do business , I can't speak for anyone else , just myself. Also Coker has stood behind me , when dealing with any problems.

Frank Long
The Wheel Guy

I took my chrome centres, from some 14 inch rims and took them to the local wheel/tire shop.
They cut them out and put them into the 15x8 bell with a 4.5 inch backspace.
This cost me about 300.00 US for two rims.
New 15x8 wheels were about 276.00 each.
I did not ask about buying centres and adding bells.
NOTE. The 15x8`s work under a 66-67 Charger very well, but not be as good for a Coronet or Satellite.

No pictures but I have a set of Ford 15 × 7 Magnum 500 wheels on my second Charger. Yes, I had to open the center hole about an 1/8"+ in diameter to fit the Mopar center caps. They look great.

That's bizarre.

I have a pair of 15x7 ford magnums and a set of 4 in 14x6

None of them needed any mods to use either the generic aftermarket or OEM 1974 Mopar center caps.

Not sure where you got that price for a 15 x 8 Magnum 500 , but if you check Coker's website , they are $185.00 each. I am in the same ball park with my prices

Frank

Not sure where you got that price for a 15 x 8 Magnum 500 , but if you check Coker's website , they are $185.00 each. I am in the same ball park with my prices

Frank
I think he got that price because he's in Canada. $185 usd is almost $250 canadian, plus shipping taxes and duty?

Well that makes sense. I usually sell to a couple of Canadians at the Indy Cylinder Head in March. They rent a bus and a bunch of them come down to buy parts.

Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back