• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WANTED: 68 69 GTX DASH BEAUTY TRIM PIECE - 3 PIECES ACROSS DASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

partsmonsta

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
WANTED: 68 69 GTX DASH BEAUTY TRIM PIECE - 3 PIECES ACROSS DASH
This is the 3-piece trim that encompasses the entire inside of the Dash, common only to the GTX. Original parts were badly bent in garage move.
I see the end pieces for sale on occasion, but I would like to buy the entire set, if poss.
Leads appreciated.
MANY THANKS. :drinks:

68-GTX-TRIM-DASH-02.jpg 68-GTX-TRIM-DASH-03.jpg 68-GTX-TRIM-DASH-10.jpg 68-GTX-TRIM-DASH-12.jpg

Why is this specific to a GTX? Shouldn’t be any different than any other 68 B-body with a standard dash and the decor package. Not on a road runner or Belvedere with taxicab interior.
68 69 GTX only.

I may have center piece only

Have you tried to straighten it (the bend) out? Tape a couple feet long piece of wooden dowel to the back side to reinforce it and prevent a kink. Then massage it down against a flat surface to straighten it. Of course it’s chromed and it’s cracked or something then it might not be worth the effort without rechroming.

Have you tried to straighten it (the bend) out? Tape a couple feet long piece of wooden dowel to the back side to reinforce it and prevent a kink. Then massage it down against a flat surface to straighten it. Of course it’s chromed and it’s cracked or something then it might not be worth the effort without rechroming.
Great suggestion, but it got walloped. Almost broke in two.

Long centerpiece...Found a dented one, painted black.
Would hafta fix it and polish out, dont wanna.
Anybody got one undented, decent condition? :moparsmiley:

I believe I have one that's in great shape. Seems to me that it came off of a '70 coronet. could be the same?
dash chrome.jpg

That is not correct. ‘68 is different. It is half black. The piece you need is on any ‘69-‘70 Plymouth or Dodge B body with the upscale dash (non-rally).
Can't thank you enough for that info. Nice to learn something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back