• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

was the tic toc tac an extra?

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
SO on my 70 Bee would I have to pay extra for the tac? I like the standard clock and cant decide which one I want in the car. Which one would you want? Wish this was my biggest problem in life lol

I bought a 1969 Super Bee new. It had the standard equipment Rallye Clock and no radio. By paying the option price for the tach/clock combo and the AM radio, the dealership installed them. I think each of these options cost around $50.00.

Let's see:
CHBGAG001.jpg
CHBGAG002-355x200.jpg

If I had a second tach that I used then I guess I would go for the CLOCK, but if the Tic Tac Tac was the only tach then I would want it.

Options, both clock and tic tac clock. My Superbird.. of all things!
rallyedash.jpg

Last edited:
You do like everyone else did. You put a REAL tach on your steering column, or dash > Sun Super Tach. (... oh, yeah, and you mount it in front of the stupid, useless clock in the dash. )

Chrysler cheapened the SuperBee and RoadRunner up in 1970, compared to 1969. The Rallye Clock was standard equipment on the 1969 'Bee, but was optional in 1970. In 1970, a floor-shifted 3-speed manual was the standard transmission, and the 4-speed was about a $200.00 option. The 727 automatic was another $50.00 more than the 4-speed. In 1969, the 3-speed was not even available, and the 4-speed was standard equipment. The Torqueflight was about a $50.00 option. However, the RoadRunner gained the Charger/SuperBee Rallye instrument panel for 1970.

Were they accurate within a couple thousand RPm?

Chrysler cheapened the SuperBee and RoadRunner up in 1970, compared to 1969. The Rallye Clock was standard equipment on the 1969 'Bee, but was optional in 1970. In 1970, a floor-shifted 3-speed manual was the standard transmission, and the 4-speed was about a $200.00 option. The 727 automatic was another $50.00 more than the 4-speed. In 1969, the 3-speed was not even available, and the 4-speed was standard equipment. The Torqueflight was about a $50.00 option. However, the RoadRunner gained the Charger/SuperBee Rallye instrument panel for 1970.
And yet all 70 super bees came with the wood grain rally dash. Weird.

Auto Transport Service
Back