• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

was the vin tag

rbkt65

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
riveted or glued and riveted? a buddy has 1964 sport fury and the vin tag appears to be glued without rivets but has 2 holes where rivets may have been attached at 1 time. reason for question is the corvette that was restored had the wrong rivets installed and now is facing destruction by the kansas state police. are the 63-65 b bodies riveted or glued and riveted. tia. rick w.

Most were riveted... None were glued... Some were welded...

I have seen plenty, that look like this.
Screenshot_20210915-183330.png

Spot welded, the holes remain open. The dmv guys don’t know this and think there is a problem.

Spot welded, the holes remain open. The dmv guys don’t know this and think there is a problem.

When I redid the '63 Dart I used NOS rivets to put it back on so it looked "right"

Most USA cars were spot welded up thru 1964 then 1965 started the rivets But there appears to be some exceptions here.

riveted or glued and riveted? a buddy has 1964 sport fury and the vin tag appears to be glued without rivets but has 2 holes where rivets may have been attached at 1 time. reason for question is the corvette that was restored had the wrong rivets installed and now is facing destruction by the kansas state police. are the 63-65 b bodies riveted or glued and riveted. tia. rick w.

Your 64 is correct with the empty holes, aren't they called "alignment holes" for Mopar?

Auto Transport Service
Back