• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch box they give you!!!!!

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
I sold a set of connecting rods to a member.Went to the Post Office and picked up what I thought was a $15.05 ship under #70 . Same box same size same place price $56.60? CHECK OUT THE PICTURE!! Wonder why our President tells usps needs management help!!!!

7696D77F-5262-41FA-8604-A48D89771F8A.jpeg

I went on line to USPS to send a package. Correct weight and dimensions. The online quote was $14.90. I put a label on it and went to the Post Office the next morning, and the charges were $20 bucks even. I have many more instances of problems with USPS, that's just the latest.

I went on line to USPS to send a package. Correct weight and dimensions. The online quote was $14.90. I put a label on it and went to the Post Office the next morning, and the charges were $20 bucks even. I have many more instances of problems with USPS, that's just the latest.

Just so I'm clear on this:

You checked on line and received a price of $ 14.90 but did not exercise that option at that point.

You put an address label on it and brought it to a local Post Office branch and shipped it with a clerk at the counter.

Is this correct ? If so, that's the difference. You get a discount for printing the postage online.

I'm not arguing, just pointing out a possible scenario.

Agree Jerry, my oldest got a form letter today for charity-giving on Oct.28, was postmarked on the 15th from Richmond,Va.????WTH.

Just so I'm clear on this:

You checked on line and received a price of $ 14.90 but did not exercise that option at that point.

You put an address label on it and brought it to a local Post Office branch and shipped it with a clerk at the counter.

Is this correct ? If so, that's the difference. You get a discount for printing the postage online.

I'm not arguing, just pointing out a possible scenario.
I think what has happened is one box is a priority flat rate box. No matter what the weight is if it fits in the box it's the same price.
The other box (the same size) Is just a standard priority box and ships by size and weight the more weighs the more it costs
unlike the flat rate one .

I think what has happened is one box is a priority flat rate box. No matter what the weight is if it fits in the box it's the same price.
The other box (the same size) Is just a standard priority box and ships by size and weight the more weighs the more it costs
I think your on the right track, I’m not completely following the OP.

With USPS you use the service that’s printed on the box. That happened to me, lady said ‘you have a Priority Box’, me - ‘yeah, so?’ She said it had to go Priority only. I left and reboxed in a plain box, took it back and shipped at lower rate.

Mine was in no way a flat rate box due to the dimensions 1.5X1.5X60 weight 2 lbs. I also just looked it up on my phone so I didn't have a option of printing it. Actually the piece of trim I shipped didn't weigh but about 6 oz. The package had the weight. You have to give rectangular dimensions, even with a piece of PVC pipe. I kind of like things to be accurate as I don't pad shipping prices and I would rather lose the 5 bucks than make someone mad that accepted my price.

Go to post office and box it up yourself in a flat rate, no way the number changes then

I sold a set of connecting rods to a member.Went to the Post Office and picked up what I thought was a $15.05 ship under #70 . Same box same size same place price $56.60? CHECK OUT THE PICTURE!! Wonder why our President tells usps needs management help!!!!

View attachment 1020186

These are the same people we are trusting with the "mail in " votes!

Auto Transport Service
Back