• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water pump fittings

dodge68charger

Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
Does any company make 3/8 heater hose fittings for big block water pumps. I can only find 3/4". Thanks

What is the tool of choice to install? Pipe wrench? What can I use so I don't mar the nipples. Is here a special tool?

A piece of 1/8 inch thick aluminum angle cut to about 4 inches long will tighten then without marring anything. Old stubborn ones are another story.

I've got to make me another, since years ago someone 'borrowed' mine.

If you can picture it...get a old deep 3/8" drive socket, one that will slip 'inside' the nipple. Also need a short piece of bar stock, the right thickness to fit the slots in the nipples. Then just a matter of putting a slot, or holes halfway up in the old socket, so the metal stock will stick out like tags. Simple deal to slide the socket into the nipple, engage the tangs, and turn. The socket fitting inside the nipple keeps it from changing shape, or damaging the nipple.

My original one was welded up, but don't have access to one now.

But, like said, depends on how tight the nipple is.

I made mine out of an old socket that fit over the top and had a piece welded inside to grab the slots.worked great,

Yup! Whatever it takes...and works. A little effort, but once it's made, there when you need it.

I typically find all my fittings at NAPA. Sometimes at Summit for anodized fittings.

Auto Transport Service
Back