• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water pump rebuild kit?

pjm8047

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
I replaced the original water pump on my 71 rr a couple of years ago just to be precautions because it was almost 50 years old at that point and probably can go at any time. I saved the original and painted it hemi orange looks new it even has the Chrysler logo on it with no rust. Id hate to throw it away. My question is ive seen in the mopar parts manual that there was a rebuild kit for them. Anyone know if there still available? Big block

Last edited:
I don’t know the answer to your question directly but I’ve originals sent out to Arthur Gould Rebuilders. I think with shipping both ways it was just over $100.

I don’t know the answer to your question directly but I’ve originals sent out to Arthur Gould Rebuilders. I think with shipping both ways it was just over $100.
Either id sell it as is or rebuild it and keep it as a backup. I really don’t want to spend $100 if I don’t have to but I’ll keep them in mind thanks!

Last edited:
There is a Mopar factory rebuild kit. I have one on my parts shelf. I can give you the part # if you want Edit: I strolled to look it for you. part #2808683. I've had this for billions of years, don't know if there's a superceded part #

I was told McMaster Carr carried the parts... you may take a look I can’t promise you anything..

There is a Mopar factory rebuild kit. I have one on my parts shelf. I can give you the part # if you want Edit: I strolled to look it for you. part #2808683. I've had this for billions of years, don't know if there's a superceded part #
Are u willing to sell yours?

Auto Transport Service
Back