• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water Pump / Thermostat recommendations?

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I'm now working on my cooling system.
Stock 1968 383, 727, 3.23.
Factory 22" Radiator at shop now getting checked / boiled out / repaired.
I will be adding a factory steel fan shroud I picked up.
I had cooling trouble in the past, got real nervous in traffic during hot summer months.
Which thermostat and which water pump do you recommend?
I have a 180* stat (made is Israel?) and I was leaning toward the Mopar aluminum water pump but still retaining the cast pump housing.
I notice two different BB Mopar Performance water pumps. With a $45 price difference.
What do you guys say?

Flowkooler water pump with a Milodon high flow t-stat @ 180*. Get it at summit or jegs.

I like the idea of the high flow thermostat & 180F is perfect. You might look at a 440source.com water pump for $35 or just a stock water pump.

180 Stant Superstat. Green. Standard pump.

Can I use the factory pulley with the FlowKooler water pump?

180 stat with a shroud on a factory 22" radiator with a factory pump here with no problems (in a 383).

180 degree Stant thermostat.
Summit high volume cast pump
I'm also running an ebay aluminum water pump housing

Seems to keep my 440 from melting in Yuma, AZ.

The new MP one I just received makes a bearing noise when I turn the impeller. :eek:

NOS from eBay. No leaks and better cooling. Probably lucky but got sick of aftermarket.

Auto Transport Service
Back