• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water Pump to Rad distance

HDNMOPERS

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
First time post. Been looking at this site for a bit. I like it has 66-67 specific form. Anyway. Need the distance from water pump to radiator. BB in 67 Satellite. Looking at front Serpentine set ups. I like the CVF. But everything I've scene or read. It takes up room quick. This is my first 66-67 B body. Dose the 66-67 have more accessory to radiator clearance or less. Than other B Bodies.

In the 66 model year Chrysler moved the engine further to the rear, opening up more room in the front (approximately 1 3/4").
Mike

I don't know the exact answer and my 67 is not here at the moment but yes, it's fairly tight. My car has air and PS so I have 4 belts (2-AC/alt, 1-PS, and 1-Water Pump). There is barely enough room to squeeze a belt between the radiator core and the fan when one needs to be changed and I have to sort of saw it back and forth - so at least on my car less than 1/2" from fan clutch to radiator.

I don't know the exact answer and my 67 is not here at the moment but yes, it's fairly tight. My car has air and PS so I have 4 belts (2-AC/alt, 1-PS, and 1-Water Pump). There is barely enough room to squeeze a belt between the radiator core and the fan when one needs to be changed and I have to sort of saw it back and forth - so at least on my car less than 1/2" from fan clutch to radiator.
Ok thank you

I can measure on a 66 Hemi - should be the same. But it has the belt, fan & pulley on. Where on the water pump do you need the distance to - or can I just pick a point and describe it?

I can measure on a 66 Hemi - should be the same. But it has the belt, fan & pulley on. Where on the water pump do you need the distance to - or can I just pick a point and describe it?
From the pump pulley flange to radiator. I'm in the build process. I have a 512 on the stand. but I have a bunch of engine bay work to do. Plus install my Gerst suspension. Appreciate the feedback. probably use a old block and stick a water pump on it. And do a rough mock up. That way I can see what I'm dealing with room wise. To set up my cooling system and accessory drive. From what I gathering it's tight.

OK - well, my engine is assembled and I would have to remove a lot of stuff to get to the pulley flange. Sort of under the weather right now with a summer cold and head congestion so not up to doing all that in a hot garage right now. I’ll see in a day or two.

OK - well, my engine is assembled and I would have to remove a lot of stuff to get to the pulley flange. Sort of under the weather right now with a summer cold and head congestion so not up to doing all that in a hot garage right now. I’ll see in a day or two.
Your fine. Don't worry about it. I got so much mock up stuff to do my heads spinning. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back