• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watermark your pictures in your sale ads

Mopar Hunter

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
I’ve noticed pictures being used by scammers on different forums from sale ads here. You might want to protect your pictures/ads by watermarking over your picture like what I’ve done below. This would stop some scammers from using your pictures. Example of an ad.

C531C6B8-1467-40BB-85AF-4FB94EC8137B.jpeg

GEEEE!!! I have borrowed other's pics to help sell some of my items but usually use one that is original to me and not attempting to scam anyone. As long as one hasn't any intentions of say scamming, then I actually do not see an issue with borrowing and using them...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

for sale ;
1968 barracuda form S fastback : 440/505 , victor type cnc alum. heads, polished victor/matched intake, 9 qt. hemi pan with single line ext. pick up , magnum force drag front end/with added home made strut rods , .600 solid street roller/using hughs 1/6 rockers, alum.water pump housing/with hi flow pump, fully auto.727, hughs 3500 convertor. full 1350 driveshaft, dana 60/with detroit locker/3;73 gears. Paint is near perfect , could be car showed with new or rechromed door handles and tail light housing and a good detail .
6 point roll bar w/swing out, recovered stock buckets,and black finished business coupe interior, orange stripe/war paint was added after the first pic , car has aprrox. 2500-3000 miles on it (speedometer broke) .
1200 cfm throttle body fuel inj. , weight is 3270 w/o driver,half tank of gas. Has been to the dragstrip once , went 11:90`s/120mph , with no front end lift at all, and 275 drag radials spinning .
Have since went to liter front springs and full cal trac set up,and 295 60 d15 hoosiers on back , wit 205 on front full st of weld prostars w/ extras, rear wheels are diff now because they fit perfect in the stock wheel wells, 8 1/2 x 15 old school ????. asking $35,000 with a fair amount of acummulated stuff, $25,000 as a roller......getting too old with bad knees to get in and out of it , need a B body again , I guess...

View attachment 1562059

View attachment 1562060

View attachment 1562061

View attachment 1562062

View attachment 1562063

View attachment 1562064

oops , not sure about getting this in the right place , MODS HELP !
Bob, why would you post that here? Joey will need to handle this one.

did y
Bob, why would you post that here? Joey will need to handle this one.
did you not read the post , the forum jumps around so much , this chrome book and me cant keep up with it , sometimes post where it wants ...somrtimes me ...
Joey fixed it , "instead of deleting it !"

I’ve noticed pictures being used by scammers on different forums from sale ads here. You might want to protect your pictures/ads by watermarking over your picture like what I’ve done below. This would stop some scammers from using your pictures. Example of an ad.
[/URL]

View attachment 1409655
For someone on the lazy side, your watermarked picture would be a deterrent. But if someone's looking for a picture of a rare part to flog in a scam, it wouldn't be that hard to take your watermark away to the casual viewer.
1700842619755.jpeg

For someone on the lazy side, your watermarked picture would be a deterrent. But if someone's looking for a picture of a rare part to flog in a scam, it wouldn't be that hard to take your watermark away to the casual viewer.
View attachment 1562617
Sneaky bastage gif.gif

:lol:

A guy advertised a toilet for sale on our auction site over here a few years ago......and he tried his own watermark without much success.

:xscuseless:

1700872772716.png

The advert was pulled...but not before someone saved it to the 'net. :lol:

View attachment 1562617
I guess you didn’t spot the hidden message I embedded in that picture either.

I guess you didn’t spot the hidden message I embedded in that picture either.
Nope, didn't look that close. I guess I missed it. But at 480 X 600 pixels, I couldn't get that much detail out of it anyway. Chances are it was so well hidden that it wouldn't have stopped a scammer from using it.:)

Yeah I’ve seen people using my pictures from here on FB
Should I be worried
Naw

Anyone buying anything sight unseen should be cautious
Mint is not always What it is portrayed as being.
Caveat emptor
Believe you me I know

My friend nearby has a car business selling muscle cars. He has cars in the six figure range. Last week they highjacked his face berg account and fraudulently took an $8000 dollar downpayment using one of these cash apps. as a down payment. While I have bought used cars and parts for many years, I have never been ripped off by a real car guy. But today, scammers have infiltrated us big time, beware.

Auto Transport Service
Back