• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Way off topic 2nd gen Ram 7 way trailer socket?

Tim Chavez

Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
hey Gents. Sorry this is off topic but I can’t seem to get the Cumminsforum guys to respond... my factory 7way trailer socket was crushed by the previous owner. I’m finally going to replace it but absolutely cannot find a plug in replacement... Etrailer only has one listed for 2000 and up dodges and it has a single 7 pin terminal. My current has two terminals a 3 pin and. 4 pin. I have found one that looks like it’s correct but it lists as a Lexus and Toyota connector.... if any of you guys have any experience on these I would certainly appreciate your help!

What year is your truck?
To clarify, are you saying the 7 pin round connector at the rear bumper is the part that got crushed, and it plugs into the truck wiring harness with two connectors?
Yes. It’s a 96 ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 with factory tow package. the factory 7 pin socket on the bumper was crushed. About 10 inches to a foot under the bed it has two terminals connecting it to the wiring harness. (One square with 4 pins and 1 flat with three pins)

I plan on pulling out tonight I’ll post a photo it doesn’t quite look like that one

It may still have the part number on it, on a sticker or tag. I won't get back to my trucks for a couple days to check them, to see what they have.

And that’s what I’m working with lol

AAB94555-3CBB-4B35-8CEA-AC676B985BD4.jpeg 331134F5-E02A-4C51-B83C-CEFCD30659BD.jpeg 0745EA05-B0BF-47CE-92E1-FB388C79F3B6.jpeg 4178A10E-9B8D-4606-93AA-C9F6E7F5B9E0.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back