• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We have this miracle of evolution show up every year.

SteveSS

Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
We don't have hardly any bugs this high up but we do get these brown moths at this time of year. We call them Miller Moths. They get attracted to the heat of car engines at night. So the next day as cars move around the moths escape out into the air mostly while vehicles are stopped at traffic lights. The Chimney Swifts have figured this out and have adapted to it. At every traffic intersection whether it's in town or at two highways out in the country the swifts are darting in and out of traffic, the high wires and traffic signals. Ready and waiting for the moths. I've never seen them land. Their aerobatics are amazing as they pick off these moths while they try to escape the increasing engine bay heat.

Nature at its best.

A friend in Kansas would capture them in garage by placing a bright light in front of the inlet of his shop vac while on..... clever

Yep, God sure makes some amazing little critters, doesn't He?

One year in Vegas the Luxor has that bright *** light shinning into space. There must have been a few million of them circling in the light. Could see them from miles away.

I caught one in the headlight opening in my hellcat back in '16. was wiping her down and smelled something a little funky, pulled the air filter and found this.
20160523_094603.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back