• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We need a name for the AWB

hogpowr

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
My father just finished his 65 AWB. We are short on potential names for the side. Any recommendations? 65 coronet 322.jpg65 coronet 328.jpgView attachment 217292

I'm voting for "Lethal Injection" keep em coming. I like whats coming so far!

How do you plan to do the letters? Classic 60s, gold leaf? Here's a few.

Tilted
Airbourne
Brewhaha
Rammed
Skreemer
Full Auto

Bodacious!

Great looking MOPAR! Can't wait for the video to hear that one run....

How about Freakin' Awesome? That's a great looking car!

Seriously, something nostalgic sounding, I would think. Here are some off the top of my uncreative head.

Time Warp
Old Milwaukee
Dairyland Dodge
Milwaukee Mopar
Cheese Injection
Excellence in Engineering

assuming it's a Hemi:
Great Lakes Hemi
Great Lakes Elephant
Milwaukee Elephant
Altered Elephant

Drive it...the name will come to you! It's your car.

I'm sorry, but AWB just keeps bringing back memories of the 70's for me...
Average White Band Album Cover.jpg

Wouldn't look bad on the side of the car though :)

I went through this decision making process myself a few months back with my Duster.

IMG_2621.jpgIMG_3525.jpgIMG_3530.jpg

But it's difficult to give someone else suggestions when you don't know much about them. The way I see it there are different criteria that guys often use for choosing a name.

1)often the name will reference the city, state, or region the car is from
THE CALIFORNIA FLASH
2)sometimes the name will be a play on the owner's own name or include the owner's name
'BIG' JOHN MAZMANIAN
3)sometimes it's a nickname that the owner had himself
JUNGLE JIM
4)sometimes it can have something to do with the owners occupation
THE FARMER
5)it can be descriptive of the vehicle
HEMI UNDER GLASS
6)it can be a slang term that just seems to fit the car
RAMBUNCTIOUS
7)[t can be the name of a business
JEGS
8)often it's just a play on well known words or phrases that can be associated with racing
RAT TRAP

Like I said at first, - it'd be a lot easier to give suggestions if we knew more about you.

If you want it to look like a car that was actually built and raced 'back in the day', avoid names like FLASHBACK. There's nothing bad about that name but it tends to imply that it is a tribute car that has been built recently.

Off the top of my head if I was to throw a name out to you it would be SHAKE RATTLE & ROLL. It seems to be appropriate for the era and descriptive of the vehicle.

Fired up!

Used to own a furniture rental/sales store and had a rubber stamp with 'final notice' on it and had planned to use it for a name on a race car if I ever built another. So far that hasn't happened......

Thanks Cranky....I like the "final notice"....will put that one on my list...I will post a list of names I have narrowed it down to later...

We're the

FAST CROWD

your mother warned you about...

OR: DOWNTOWN DODGE

Auto Transport Service
Back