• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weatherstrip kit?

D5667

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
These rascals are on their own!!! I’m looking for the complete kit as far as rubber components. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I just used Clesters on my D100 and they were good until I got to the wing glass seals-they finally fit but boy were they tough!

These rascals are on their own!!! I’m looking for the complete kit as far as rubber components. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I just used Clesters on my D100 and they were good until I got to the wing glass seals-they finally fit but boy were they tough!

Steele Rubber Products. If you want what's right. You can pay a lot less elsewhere -- but you'll pay for it in the end.

Not exactly sure on how complete a kit that your looking to purchase, but it will get pretty expensive quickly if you decide to replace everything. Some items like the door seals and roof rail seals, I would prefer to reuse or seek out excellent used ones if possible. Some items like the rear window gasket, you will have to use the Steele piece. For the windshield gasket, the Precision gasket works as good or better than the Steele piece in my opinion. If you should replace the roof rail seals, then use the Steele pieces as they are a more correct profile and will seal better. The door seals from Metro will be ok for the majority of the people. Factory door end cap and U-iamb seals are much better than any of the reproductions. They can usually be cleaned up and reused. The Metro ones are ok. If you purchase the really cheap ones, they do not have the metal insert and are prone to tearing. For the quarter glass seals, we have had the best luck with the Soff Seal brand. The only manufacturer for the vent window gaskets is the Metro variety, hopefully yours are ok. There is only one manufacturer importing the mylar glass channel runs and they can be quite a challenge to install. If you should want to use the factory channel runs, they are stupid expensive if you can even find a set. On window felts, go with the Top Catwhiskers. Be aware that the 67 window felt kit is 10 pieces and the 66 kit is 8 pieces. Most vendors will only offer the generic and cheaper trunk seal. It will fit and function fine and be a third of the price of the more correct style with the lip.

If you should decide to replace items like the headlight seals, inner frame seals, hood to cowl seal, hood to radiator seal, bumper to body seal, prices can be all over the spectrum.

It will be difficult to find any one vendor that offers all of the required parts from the different manufacturers. Due to Covid, more and more issues in getting inventory and material in stock.

Auto Transport Service
Back