• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weatherstrip

ord27

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
hey guys. 1970 Coronet

The roof rail weatherstrip. Do I peel the old one off, unscrew the chrome piece that attaches to the roof, and press in the new weatherstrip? No gluing?

I don't believe you have to unscrew anything, unless your coronet have the molded end with some screws in it. The one I did on my Barracuda, I just peeled out the old one and pressed the new one in. Only place I had to use weatherstrip adhesive (for now anyways) is the very bottom of the front..

Yep, FrankNsteen is right...you don't really have to take those screws out & remove those weatherstrip moldings (unless you're planning to replace the thin foam seals behind them...not usually needed, but up to you).

You just gently pry out the old weatherstriping, take note of how it's oriented in the molding & possibly angle-cut at the ends. Line up the new weatherstripping & start tucking it in, back and forth. Not too tough

Yall were right. It's a pretty easy operation.
Now, my driver side rear window isn't lining up. I'm wondering if the weatherstrip that feeds back into the sail panel is forcing the window to up at the wrong angle.
It could also be that the window was never correct.

Is there a way to adjust the track of the window so that it rides different? It needs to be further out

Last edited:
Yall were right. It's a pretty easy operation.
Now, my driver side rear window isn't lining up. I'm wondering if the weatherstrip that feeds back into the sail panel is forcing the window to up at the wrong angle.
It could also be that the window was never correct.

Is there a way to adjust the track of the window so that it rides different? It needs to be further out
You'll need to remove the rear door panel to acess the adjusters. They have a large locknut that you remove, then turn the inner stud to move the glass how you need to.

Auto Transport Service
Back