• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welded bracket on frame rail for 4spd

skyman51

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the triangle shaped bracket welded to the left frame rail on 66 and 67 cars was a factory item on all frames, or put on afterwards if the car was converted from an automatic to a four speed? I believe there was a ball stud attached to the bracket if the conversion was done. I had a photo but cannot find it. Thanks

Do you need a picture of it? Maybe dimensions to make one?

I could measure mine and draw it in AutoCad then provide a PDF file of the drawing....
I'm letting mother nature rinse mine off right now, but probably tomorrow I could get things photographed and drawings provided on Tuesday..

Bracket was factory installed on 3 and 4-spd cars.[/QUOTE

If it is factory installed, here is my dilemma. I have looked at a 1967 GTX that has a console and floor shift Torqueflite automatic trans. The IBM card and broadcast sheet and fender tag confirms this. I noticed however that the bracket was welded to the left frame rail and even had a ball stud and rubber washer. That made me think that a prior owner had a four speed in the car at one time and it was converted back to the correct automatic. What other things should I look for besides the bracket to confirm my suspicions. I can see the bracket being there, but not the ball stud and washer unless it was used.

I would agree that it was probably converted to a 4-spd then back to an auto. Does it have the pedal support bracket on the firewall? 66-70 they were spot welded on.
I myself have never seen the bracket on an auto car from the factory.

I would agree that it was probably converted to a 4-spd then back to an auto. Does it have the pedal support bracket on the firewall? 66-70 they were spot welded on.
I myself have never seen the bracket on an auto car from the factory.

http://rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active#!/1967-Plymouth-Belvedere-GTX/133063

The above is the car. Of course we can all dream, but it is beautiful. It was in the group of photos I saw the frame bracket and mentioned it. That photo is now gone. Is the pedal bracket on the engine side of the firewall? Anyone see anything else. If anyone has photos please post them as I am learning a lot about these cars. Thanks

http://rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active#!/1967-Plymouth-Belvedere-GTX/133063

The above is the car. Of course we can all dream, but it is beautiful. It was in the group of photos I saw the frame bracket and mentioned it. That photo is now gone. Is the pedal bracket on the engine side of the firewall? Anyone see anything else. If anyone has photos please post them as I am learning a lot about these cars. Thanks

You mean this pic?
I can't tell in the finished pic if it's still there.

Attachments

• 182238_38411757e3_low_res.jpg
    182238_38411757e3_low_res.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 182388_507cd5d2be_low_res.jpg
    182388_507cd5d2be_low_res.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 195
You mean this pic?
I can't tell in the finished pic if it's still there.

I don't drive anymore because of my eyesight. I must have missed it. That is the frame bracket I was talking about. Is it still posted? I have to enlarge the photosl and I did not see it again.

I noticed in the bare metal shot that the said bracket is no longer there. and, yes! wow what a car. super nice!!

I'm suspicious of this car myself,,, The worn paint and amount of surface rust looks the same on the bracket as it does on the rest of the surrounding areas.... I think its funny that their are no signs of this being added later in its life....
It wouldn't be the first time a "restoration" company has used another body and transfered all badging over and claimed they restored a car! Looks like its welded the same as mine too....
HMMM????

I ain't got a dog in this, I'm thinking it "looks" like a damn nice car and it "appears" that there has been a lot of really nice work done. Whoever buys it needs to do their own homework and investigation into it before laying down their money. I didn't read all that the shop wrote about it, but I was amused by the restored ballast resistor comment. That'll get you down the road. Maybe.

Auto Transport Service
Back