• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

well that sucks

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Yep new dash harness,tail light harness and engine harness. Car always started no problem but wires shot. Car wont start,when park lights on 1 reverse light comes on in the back. Interior 4spd light wired to c slot at rear harness and it comes on also when park lights turn on. I LOVE WIRES.Its all good just a crappy week. Time to check for spark but I think I should check the wires 1st,had one from M&T with wires in wrong spot. I think chevy people work there.

I’d love to help ya but I just had a couple. Maybe tomorrow’ll be your lucky day.

Wish you were close to me I would help you........

Sometimes you just have to walk away for a bit.....Sleep on it and go back at it another day........It can't be anything major.....

Agreed, walk away and sleep on it and remember these old cars have minimal wiring meaning easy to troubleshoot.

Yep new dash harness,tail light harness and engine harness. Car always started no problem but wires shot. Car wont start,when park lights on 1 reverse light comes on in the back. Interior 4spd light wired to c slot at rear harness and it comes on also when park lights turn on. I LOVE WIRES.Its all good just a crappy week. Time to check for spark but I think I should check the wires 1st,had one from M&T with wires in wrong spot. I think chevy people work there.
It's always a good idea to retain your stock harness for comparison. Nobody's perfect...

Sometimes it's best stop looking at the big picture and take the seemingly simplest single issue and concentrate on that. Don't get sidetracked. Do you have a decent wiring diagram?
For instance, the single reverse light that comes on with the parking lights. Is there a difference in intensity between when the paring lights are on and when the car is actually in reverse (ground issue)? Does the reverse light work properly when the car is in reverse and parking lights are off? If you put the car in reverse with the parking lights off, do the parking lights come on?

Im going to put the old engine harness on tomorrow and see if it will fire up. Old e harness was converted to electronic ignition and used 2 prong ballast and 4 wires for box. New e harness has 4 prong and tac wire built in and 5 wire for box. I think the wiper harness might be the problem on the reverse light. It will all work out just have to check wires.

took off new engine harness put the old one on and it started

Auto Transport Service
Back