• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well the air force is retiring MQ—1B predator

Moparstyle

Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Very proud to have some history of it

A6A5BE6C-9969-4E8D-9081-981DEF578433.jpeg CB9C65D4-436C-4B6E-9D46-46F92F10EC67.png

My father and i were presented that at our bike shop 15 days later my dad passed away from cancer so it means the world to me

moparstyle...were you in iraq during that time? I was just down the road from Balad at FOB Warhorse.

The predator was likely supporting a mission I was on. :usflag:

There’s no pressure extremes from going way up& down often. I like that you got the flag though, Semper Fi.

Please say there going to auction it off ! Never thought about owning one till about 2 mins ago!

are they being replaced with a newer model

It's public info, so I'll condense it for you.

MQ-1B Predator A has been in a phase out/sustainment state for a few years. MQ-1C Grey Eagles (Diesel version, slightly bigger, more HP, more payload) and GE-ER Grey Eagle Extended Range have replaced them. MQ-9 Reaper/ Pred-B is the bread and butter of the weaponized recon. Turbo-Prop with a great payload capacity. The Pred-A did its job, and did it superbly, is it just time to hand it off to a similar platform (Grey Eagle) with much better capabilities at roughly the same price point.

Trust me, we're not giving anything up.

Auto Transport Service
Back