• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wendell Scott got his trophy. 58 years later!

Big Bad Dad

Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Good that NASCAR finally presented his family the trophy. Shameful that it took 58 years to do it. And only now after all the diversity stuff going on. I think they probably only did it to prove how "diverse" Nascar is now. They didn't give a damn in 1963, and up until now.....
Wendell Scott had to be one tough man to survive what he did back in those days!(As a side note, Danville Va. is not very far from Randleman NC. I have heard that Wendell was able to but lots of used racing parts from Richard Petty back in those days.)

From our local news:
https://www.wdbj7.com/2021/08/28/na...ts-family-nearly-58-years-after-historic-win/

In my opinion even though he finally got the trophy, that was a piss poor article for coverage of the event. Makes you wonder how good the actual presentation was. We all know that trophy should have been awarded the day they realized he won. He didn't win by inches, or a length, but by 2 laps.

I watched this ^ for the first time a month or so ago. It was pretty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back