• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

went 6 rds today, but needed 7

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Needed to go test before the next GLSSA race. So I decided to run the Pro bracket at Milan. same rpm and tire pressure setting from Mid Mich Motorplex. Tree here is a little different. Went .030,.040,.035. Added 1lb and raised the starting line rpm by 250. Missed the tree on the next hit with a .061. But after that things fell into place, .024,.020,.009,.018. Unfortunately the lack of prep created 60fts that varied by .004. The semi final couldn't cover. Still a good day.
Doug

I wasn't there but I think my buddy /Co worker John took you out in the finals in his old school Pro Stock Murdered out Camaro. He said it was a old copper colored Chrysler. I immediately thought of yours. Congrats on making it to the finals.

I wasn't there but I think my buddy /Co worker John took you out in the finals in his old school Pro Stock Murdered out Camaro. He said it was a old copper colored Chrysler. I immediately thought of yours. Congrats on making it to the finals.
Semi's down to 3 cars. Yup, I had him on the tree .018-.042 but it spun +.02. Missed the 1/2 shift and hit the limiter, another +02. I was done.
Doug

Last edited:
I would kill for that grouping of reaction times.
Amazing!

Ya, one year at Byron a light poorer than .01 difference in the semi's cost me $4,000. To top that I had lost the coin toss(3 cars) into the final, the coin toss winner went to the final starting line, couldn't run, broken converter. THAT's RACING. The semi's still paid for the trip.

I can't complain. This is year 7 since I got back into racing. I make about 90 passes a year average. 89 events have made it to 27 semis. Out of those 18 were finals, 16 wins.
Doug

Last edited:
Ya, one year at Byron a light poorer than .01 difference in the semi's cost me $4,000. To top that I had lost the coin toss(3 cars) into the final, the coin toss winner went to the final starting line, couldn't run, broken converter. THAT's RACING. The semi's still paid for the trip.
---
So far I've won 50 bucks. Lol.....

Great job Doug!

6 round ain't no slouch :thumbsup:

better luck in the next race :bananadance:

My buddy with the black Camaro is on a roll. He won again this weekend at 131 for a 5 grand race.

dvw, Malex, I apologize should have started by saying 6 rounds is ALWAYS great! Losing by a small amount comes with good racing.

dvw, Malex, I apologize should have started by saying 6 rounds is ALWAYS great! Losing by a small amount comes with good racing.
---
All good on my account 66. Seat time and confidence is the only thing missing over in my camp. Lol.

Very good observation. I told a fellow new to drag racing just last week, it it takes time & runs to learn how to cut lights, drive both ends of the track to win a race. Once you have won, it's much easier to repeat that experience. Of course you also need to build the car to be consistent & reliable.

Auto Transport Service
Back