• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went over to see a neighbor

EricaMG

Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Went over to see a neighbor of mine.He is one of the biggest car hoarders I know in my life.I go over to see what he gets in,he has over 40 cars all project cars not running.We get along very well and I have been bugging him about a couple he has,a 1972 Dodge van and a 1967 Dodge Coronet.He knew what I was going to do,ask him if he would sell these to me.Has been no over 10 times to me.This time,said he is thinking of down sizing and said maybe letting him think about it.I was happy to hear this.Plus the township has been on him to clean his property up.

There is a FBBO member here that, as his profession, tows cars that the city deems to be out of compliance.
Nice guy....I won't spill the beans on who he is though.
He has over 60 cars of his own plus several more at nearby locations. I don't think any of them start or run.
These guys probably see these cars they drag away and can't bear to take them to a junkyard.

I'd love to stumble across "that guy". Of course, it's probably better for my marriage that I don't.

I hate these people who hold on to them and there just sitting outside rotting . give it up and let someone restore it , usually they let it go to far and its just junk

sad way too many just sit & rot
even when towed off because of compliance stuff

that;
"I'll restore it someday or I'm saving it for my retirement"
syndrome

& unfortunately, usually doesn't end well for the cars

Went over to see a neighbor of mine.He is one of the biggest car hoarders I know in my life.I go over to see what he gets in,he has over 40 cars all project cars not running.We get along very well and I have been bugging him about a couple he has,a 1972 Dodge van and a 1967 Dodge Coronet.He knew what I was going to do,ask him if he would sell these to me.Has been no over 10 times to me.This time,said he is thinking of down sizing and said maybe letting him think about it.I was happy to hear this.Plus the township has been on him to clean his property up.
Get the ‘67. Vans are a b——— to work on.

Amazing how some can collect SO much stuff and not eventually get bugged by it. Used to watch American Pickers and the gobs of stuff some have to the point they could barely move…and not wanting to sell it. Yep, a guy 80 years old wants to keep it all or ask an outrageous price for what he might let go. Could be they think they can take it with them, lol.

My neighbor has a 67 fury that he wants to give me, no title but its all there but it is rusty and probably would just be a parts car. I am not sure I want to deal with it.

My neighbor has a 67 fury that he wants to give me, no title but its all there but it is rusty and probably would just be a parts car. I am not sure I want to deal with it.
You could be polite and accept it if you have room and then help others out with parts. Unless he wants you to restore it. Other Mopar’s are also loved. Just my thoughts.

You could be polite and accept it if you have room and then help others out with parts. Unless he wants you to restore it. Other Mopar’s are also loved. Just my thoughts.

He definitely doesn't want it restored, in fact he doesn't want it at all. I'd have to drag it out off his property and then part it out and have to dispose of whatever was left over. I think it has a poly 318 in it, but it is a 2 door I think. I know it has a lot of rust especially on the fender aprons (where the hood sits next to the fender). The car actually looks good at first look but when you get into it, its pretty bad. Its not going anywhere so we will see.

I’m on the fence on this…well cuz I’m a geezer now and 2nd what prices for shipping stuff is. At one time I could see having some fun parting it out and have sold a lot of stuff over the years on ebay. Ebay has become a bigger hassle to deal with and most of the time now I post as free shipping trying to build that cost into the deal…then some stuff I don’t even try to sell anymore with crazy shipping costs or post as pick up. More often the shipping costs exceed the value of the part. I’ve given stuff away just getting the shipping covered not liking to take it to a scrap yard or trash it when it’s something somebody can use. This is not fun and time consuming to pack it right, etc.

One thing you realize from watching Mike & Frank is what an incredible number of hoarders there are. Must be in our DNA or something? Hope you can talk him out of that Coronet and save it!

I hate these people who hold on to them and there just sitting outside rotting . give it up and let someone restore it , usually they let it go to far and its just junk
what you say is true, but it is his stuff.

If you like the van the most, than that is the one you should get. I had a 75 tradesman van. It is one that I wish I still had.

I have a client and recommissioned her 1975 318 standard transmission no power brakes.her dad bought it new , when he died it stayed outside for 16 years . and I did everything from a -z mechanical
. she is around 40 115 lbs 5.4 woman, Her other ride is a Ducati ! fun van its a dull yellow . never painted

These are in buildings not rotting away.Does not like them out in the elements

One thing you realize from watching Mike & Frank is what an incredible number of hoarders there are. Must be in our DNA or something? Hope you can talk him out of that Coronet and save it!
Called me back and offer me good price on the coronet,$3,500.00 with no rust with 45,000 actual miles on it and has the title for it.Will have to do brake work,clean the fuel system and a set of new tires.Said it ran good before being parked 2 years ago.The van,offered me $2,000.00 and needs the same work the coronet does need.I counter offered a bundle deal for both.Knows I have to do all that work to make them road safe.Found out he sold 6 vintage VW beetles to a collector he had.Realizing he needed to do something now.

Auto Transport Service
Back