• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went racing with my 63 this weekend.

383man

Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
I had a good time as my son and I drove the 90 mile round trip to the track saturday for a T & T. I was very pleased my car ran 11.55 @ 115 with a best ever 60 at this track of 1.59 in the very hot and humid heat. Considering my best is an 11.52 on a very cool Oct day this makes me think it has easy 11.40's in cooler air. I cant wait until it cools down. My son ran 11.60's as we always run very close.

For those who dont know my combo its a stock body and suspension 63 Sport Fury with SS springs. Has a basic mild 440 build as it is stock bottom end with .030 over KB quench dome pistons (446) and I run 10.0 comp with 906 heads that I ported. I use the MP .557 solid cam with Isky iron rockers. Holley Street Dominator and a basic 850 DP. Hedman 1-3/4 headers with 3" pipes as it runs 92 pump and I run it thru the pipes. 727 with Dynamic 9.5 converter and 4.30's with a 30 x 9 radial hoosier slick. I have a 6 point roll bar and frame connectors to stiffen it up. Its a real street car as I drive it everywhere including to the track. Ron

mg2.jpg

Hey 383 man, looks real good and 60foot is great. It looks like it hooks very good with the 9 x 30 slicks. Dantrap

What is that I smell???? Could it be??? I think I smell a 10 second car.....:yes:

Sweet, how do you like the SS springs on the street? I ask because I'm considering getting a set.

Thanks for the kind replies. The SS springs drive just fine to me feels like a normal spring driving around. Ron

I have never raced Mopars, only chevys. Explain ss springs to me, I assume that is a race type spring for Mopars?

That's correct. Look under the back of your car and you'll notice the front segment of the spring is shorter than the rear. Most Mopars also came from the factory with a pinion snubber on them. These two items worked well to control rear end windup for most applications. This spring setup is why traction bars (slappers) are needed on Fords and Chevys and don't work on a Mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back