• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

were do these go- dash harness

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
70 Bee mt harness 1st plug next to bulkhead,2nd these are towards drive side after gauges and 3rd were does the reverse light-4spd-wire hook up to? Old harness did not have 1st or 2nd set of wires and reverse wire was spliced.:BangHead: were does the grommet go threw thanks

P1020665.JPG P1020666.JPG

also how the heck do you take off the white wire to the brake pedal with the clutch pedal in the way?

Dash mounted reverse lamp goes to the 'Z' spot in the bulkhead.

1. Plug by bulkhead connector - I believe that plug is for a factory tachometer. It would go through a hole right next to the bulkhead connector in the engine compartment. There are two dimples there, which are un-drilled if the car did not have a factory tachometer. I've also seen cruise control wiring go through there, but a 4spd car wouldn't have cruise.

2. I believe those wires are the OTHER end of your tachometer wiring (tick-tock-tach)

3. As hunt2elk said, the dash reverse light has its own wiring, separate from your dash harness, going from under the hood at the bulkhead connector down to the reverse switch on the transmission....two wires and I "think" the bottom, right two connectors on the bulkhead.... check your wiring diagram.

Clock shows orange so I still not sure on the double green. working off of classic car wiring diagram

Last edited:
my mopar wiring diagram ,dont see clock or tac on either diagrams

upload_2019-3-16_16-38-56.png
I think the gray wire is tac.

chargerRTguy-
I just wired my Charger with the Tic Toc Tac. The dash frame is the ground (-), the long screw on the back is the power for the tach, which would be the blue (+), this goes to the fuse block. The gray with the red tracer goes thru the firewall and to the negative (-) side of the coil. The gray wire sticking out with the terminal is power for the clock. Hope this helps.

The orange would be the light for the clock I believe.

book.gif
Re: 70 B body tach hole [Re: DPelletier] #599031 02/01/10 04:49 PM
70gtx440dana
offline.gif

master
14396.jpg

Lansing, MI
Blue and black wires next to gray tach wire are for the headlight door system on a 70 Charger. I am not sure about the other cable/wire you are questioning without having a look underhood.

70 Road Runner 383-4 4 speed FJ5 & black guts
70 Charger R/T 440-4 4 speed FJ5 & white guts

I think thats the harness for 70 Charger... hideaways headlight system

Green wire is the headlight signal
Blue, run circuit
T plug, open and close doors signals coming out from relay

Grommet ends, open and close doors signals running to motor

sounds like Yearone sent me the wrong harness :mad:

The 70 B body repop harness includes the 70 Charger headlight wiring. Just simply do not use them on all other 70 b bodies. You can tape them up under the dash. The plug in next to the bulkhead is for the headlight motor wiring. The green, blue and black wires are for the headlight door relay. You will not need any of this wiring for your Bee. Again, just tape it to the harness and you are good to go.

Last edited:
The 70 B body repop harness includes the 70 Charger headlight wiring. Just simply do not use them on all other 70 b bodies. You can tape them up under the dash. The plug in next to the bulkhead is for the headlight motor wiring. The green, blue and black wires are for the headlight door relay. You will not need any of this wiring for your Bee. Again, just tape it to the harness and you are good to go.
thanks just looked it up ,1 harness fits all.

Auto Transport Service
Back