• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

West Central Wisconsin Checking in -

Garceau

Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Good morning - realized I never got around to posting in this section.

I have been around fast mopars my entire life - my father and I built my first car during high school and it was a track only car. Having grown up around racing of various sorts, travelling the country and world racing when I was very little he knew I would be trouble on the street with a fast car. I remember him telling me if I help you build a fast car, it will be track only - I am not going to your funeral for something stupid (he probably wasnt wrong) so we built me a 72 dart 440 while I just got my license, full drag car. It ran well, but as a teenager making 3.65 an hour it wasnt the fanciest. Thank God my old man was a master of making something out of nothing.....

Progressed into a few different cars through the years and campaigned an 86 Daytona with a alky injected big block in IHRA classes throughout the division for several years and then quite honestly - I spent too much money, racked up too much debt trying to keep up with those living a different lifestyle than me racing and I embarassingly enough got a Credit Card too high and had to walk away and take care of responsibilities. My nephew now has the Daytona at 16 and they transplanted a new gen hemi in it and an awesome fuel injection system. He came out of the Jr. Dragster ranks and won all over the country in those - so it was no surprise his first weekend in the Daytona (we called it the dragster slayer when I drove it as it won me a lot of big races) he went 7 rounds for the win in a no-box class. His first time out..... between my brother whom has a full race chassis shop and my old man - they updated this car to perfection.

anyways - fast forward to now - midlife crisis maybe I picked this up. Its a little bittersweet not building it myself, but there is enough work to do on it that I can still feel some ownership.

so here is what I got - its Wisconsin and I cannot wait to drive it.

505 inches, 727 and 8.75 rear -

Immediate plans to update are better headlights, and most likely a better carb system - this may be a little undersized at 750cfm, but I am guessing it has great street manners. Eventually putting a dana in, and updating the rear suspension - maybe caltracs, or at least a better spring system - then quite possibly a converter swap for something a little better matched.

But all of that depends on how streetable it is in current shape. Its not a track car by any means....just a crusier.

Front Qtr To.jpg front.jpg rear qtr away.jpg front buckets.jpg rear driver seat.jpg mid dash.jpg motor.jpg motor 2.jpg trunk.jpg trunk 2.jpg

Good morning - realized I never got around to posting in this section.

I have been around fast mopars my entire life - my father and I built my first car during high school and it was a track only car. Having grown up around racing of various sorts, travelling the country and world racing when I was very little he knew I would be trouble on the street with a fast car. I remember him telling me if I help you build a fast car, it will be track only - I am not going to your funeral for something stupid (he probably wasnt wrong) so we built me a 72 dart 440 while I just got my license, full drag car. It ran well, but as a teenager making 3.65 an hour it wasnt the fanciest. Thank God my old man was a master of making something out of nothing.....

Progressed into a few different cars through the years and campaigned an 86 Daytona with a alky injected big block in IHRA classes throughout the division for several years and then quite honestly - I spent too much money, racked up too much debt trying to keep up with those living a different lifestyle than me racing and I embarassingly enough got a Credit Card too high and had to walk away and take care of responsibilities. My nephew now has the Daytona at 16 and they transplanted a new gen hemi in it and an awesome fuel injection system. He came out of the Jr. Dragster ranks and won all over the country in those - so it was no surprise his first weekend in the Daytona (we called it the dragster slayer when I drove it as it won me a lot of big races) he went 7 rounds for the win in a no-box class. His first time out..... between my brother whom has a full race chassis shop and my old man - they updated this car to perfection.

anyways - fast forward to now - midlife crisis maybe I picked this up. Its a little bittersweet not building it myself, but there is enough work to do on it that I can still feel some ownership.

so here is what I got - its Wisconsin and I cannot wait to drive it.

505 inches, 727 and 8.75 rear -

Immediate plans to update are better headlights, and most likely a better carb system - this may be a little undersized at 750cfm, but I am guessing it has great street manners. Eventually putting a dana in, and updating the rear suspension - maybe caltracs, or at least a better spring system - then quite possibly a converter swap for something a little better matched.

But all of that depends on how streetable it is in current shape. Its not a track car by any means....just a crusier.

View attachment 1244986 View attachment 1244987 View attachment 1244988 View attachment 1244989 View attachment 1244990 View attachment 1244991 View attachment 1244992 View attachment 1244993 View attachment 1244994 View attachment 1244995
B77B028F-B34B-4516-A18C-FCD1A31B87EB.gif
DBEB4517-69E2-44AB-AF9E-4834A8E762FD.gif
20C2EFFF-2C8F-4C76-A3F6-FDA8316DBE02.gif

Welcome from NJ!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

thanks for a lil' background & the photos
you should love this place
there's a plethora of knowledgeable & even kind members here

nice ride too

Welcome to FBBO Garceau! Like your story and your '66 Sat! Sounds like it has found a good home and will only get better.

From another guy from the land of beer & cheese...welcome. Fantastic car pard.

Tried to find a few pics of my older drag cars.... didn't much succeed.

Here's the alky injected Daytona I raced all over. From the Dakotas to Pinks in San Antonio.

FB_IMG_1645844957095.jpg FB_IMG_1645844944071.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back