• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s a phrase that your parents used years ago

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Look what you have done.....

Here”s one ,when children were becoming unruly, in stores “BEAT THAT CHILD!” followed by hearty laughter.

Go upstairs to your room and wait til your father gets home.
(Scariest words ever)

"Get off the Goddamned shed"

get put in the corner for an hour or two or just a time out chair . i would take them over behind the wood pile that was scary

Dad used to say "Dummy up" when he wanted us to be quiet. That phrase is dumb as ****.

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Also Time Out........when I grew up time out was laying in the kitchen floor after my Mom backhanded me out of my chair. Usually for calling one of my Brothers a Dick or something at the dinner table :lol: Didn't hurt me in life one bit!!!

" what the hell is wrong with you?? act like you had some jerkin' up "

I’d get the whisper in my ear, “when you get home, you’re gonna get a beating”

Didn't that woman what raised you give you no home trainin

Belt In 3-2-1
Depending how bad we were there was different levels of belt the worst was a gator skin belt

Back in my day I had to walk ten miles one way to school. I called BS on that one. Paid for it later.
Nowadays I dont think school would be worth walking that distance for. :)

Grandma would make us pick a branch off the fig tree when we were being bad that was the worst you didn't want a thin one that had a whip effect but you didn't want a huge one ether!
God help you if you picked one that was dry and ready to brake if it snapped you had to get a new one!
I grew up just fine

Auto Transport Service
Back