• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s going on here??? Alternator Wiring

Bighouse

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
1969 Charger- I assume this is some kind of one-wire conversion? I’m not up on my Mopar electrical knowledge yet. What are all the cut off wires for?
69B3EFC8-E219-46D0-87B3-8F03990CEA2E.jpeg

Thanks!

I believe the cut wires could be for the washer pump,does your horn work?

1969 charger I believe should only have 1 field wire,2 field wires are for 1970 .

1969 Charger- I assume this is some kind of one-wire conversion? I’m not up on my Mopar electrical knowledge yet. What are all the cut off wires for?View attachment 1297893
Thanks!
The cut stuff looks like horn relay wiring or as "Davek" said the washer...if it was a one-wire conversion there wouldn't be the two wires connected to the field terminals of the alternator.
>>That skinned portion of the output wire is an accident waiting to happen. At least wrap some tape around that **** brother...if it moves over and touches the alternator housing POW! (It's hot all the time BTW)

Thanks- I’ve only run the car 2x when I first got it to move it onto and off of the trailer. I’ve been neck deep into quarter panels and trunk. No better in it. Im mentally preparing for getting road-ready.

I’m missing all the washer stuff. Haven’t spotted a horn either now that it’s mentioned. I’m

Thanks everyone

You need to check what type of voltage regulator you have. A mechanical one wire (69 and earlier) or the 70 up electronic 2 wire field. Someone may have modified car for Electronic VR. Mismatching an alternator can cause significant issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back