• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s Wrong With This Picture? USA Made

just curious do you have to pay for shipping on returns to Rock auto ?
Only if it's not their fault, such as you changed your mind and don't want it any longer
Their fault, they email label

I think those "Vari-fit" Tie Rod Ends, made early Mondays or late Fridays, are to be threaded by the installer. :eek:

If Rock won't accept the return, hit up Moog directly.
Who Mfd' it?
1659199829849.png

Cool Wall Art for your garage !

I buy nuts and bolts in fairly large quantities. Occasionally I find a nut with no threads, and these are USA.

One time a friend was redoing his rear end. He had just pressed all new studs in the axles. All the studs were pointing the wrong way, Laughed my *** off on that one
I guess we all can have a bad day occasionally.

One of the reasons Japan kicks our *** is they build the qc into the manufacturing system.
For instance, At the next step of assembly, a part with out of spec threads would not fit into the assembly fixture.

The Japanese Sense of order and how they do things like a check list is insane. I watched a video of how there railroad repairmen job works and the steps they take. They rome around with a tablet checking off what they do which alters QC to be checked and double checked. Inky then can they move onto there next task.

Ya think America is ready for that? You’d be lucky to have employees to fill the job much less lit up with it. Everyone would be like, “FU and F-off!”

That looks exactly like something that would happen to me, lol. Rock Auto has always been excellent with returns for me, can't imagine you would have a problem.
Yeah, but you would still have to supply a solid reason as to why they should refund or accept a return....that's the part that would be the pisser. :lol:

Why not go buy another from NAPA, or your local parts store, swap the good one for the defective, and return it ? It looks like a Moog part, I'm sure it's covered...

I haven't had time to mess with it yet, I don't even remember what I paid for it.

The Japanese Sense of order and how they do things like a check list is insane. I watched a video of how there railroad repairmen job works and the steps they take. They rome around with a tablet checking off what they do which alters QC to be checked and double checked. Inky then can they move onto there next task.

Ya think America is ready for that? You’d be lucky to have employees to fill the job much less lit up with it. Everyone would be like, “FU and F-off!”
Sounds funny, but that's just how I tackle anything as well...
I research hell out of it, wanting to know everything I can before starting.
Then it's time for the attack plan, which I knock off in logical steps.

Drives the wife crazy, but I'm keeping myself on task doing things this way.
I do tend to wander off on tangents if left to do so...with one of those minds that never
shuts down, I have to corral and harness thought processes to be productive.

What I find sad about this is it is USA made.

There were probably several steps where this error should have been caught and addressed so it was not shipped out to a customer. I am willing to pay more for USA made - I mostly buy made in USA stuff where it is available. But in doing so (and paying a premium), I want quality stuff, and unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

Have had this for a month or so just took it out of the box.
I hope rock auto will take it back

View attachment 1321136
Oops! Wow, a whole lot of operations went sideways here and it started with the person that didn't thread the end. I wonder how many other labor operations happened after that and the issue was never caught.

Auto Transport Service
Back