• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a difference 8 hours makes.....

Mopars & Missiles

Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
7 am this morning.........

P6050007.JPG

versus 4 pm this afternoon...........

P6060048.JPG

Wow no kidding you doing that alone? Or had a crew there ? Your ether per man or deep pocket man! Looks good !

That's the great thing about framing, visually rewarding. Looks great!

Wow no kidding you doing that alone? Or had a crew there ? Your ether per man or deep pocket man! Looks good !

Actually, only a two man crew but all the right POWER tools and equipment for the job. Makes a big difference!

nice
build a drag strip on that land too

I have actually given that a thought or two, more than once!

Did you convince a group of Mennonites to come by and do a barn raising?

No, but I need to find them soon to take down the OLD barn. Would that be an "UN-raising"?

What kind of fertilizer did you use?!!

Fertilizer sure helps a lot but the real KEY is good soil and the right seed! :)

Actually, only a two man crew but all the right POWER tools and equipment for the job. Makes a big difference!

I have actually given that a thought or two, more than once!

No, but I need to find them soon to take down the OLD barn. Would that be an "UN-raising"?

Fertilizer sure helps a lot but the real KEY is good soil and the right seed! :)
I think de-raising would be closer..lol. 'Course, you could do that with one kitchen match...

I think de-raising would be closer..lol. 'Course, you could do that with one kitchen match...

Yeah, I think you're right. De-raising sounds better and is probably where the term "razing" came from for demolition work.

The "match" trick would work, but would get me in a LOT of trouble around here. Fire dept., police dept., etc. :eek: Besides, there is a lot of good native lumber that could be repurposed in that old barn. Hope to be able to salvage some of it.

With dynamite, it would be obliterderaising!

Yeah, I think you're right. De-raising sounds better and is probably where the term "razing" came from for demolition work.

The "match" trick would work, but would get me in a LOT of trouble around here. Fire dept., police dept., etc. :eek: Besides, there is a lot of good native lumber that could be repurposed in that old barn. Hope to be able to salvage some of it.
That's a big business up here, de raising old barns for the timber. All hand chopped chestnut, ash, etc...

That's a big business up here, de raising old barns for the timber. All hand chopped chestnut, ash, etc...

Yep, this barn is 130 years old and has a LOT of nice big beams of various hardwoods in it. Can you send somebody down here to take it down for me?

1880's
Wash Sheneman barn.jpg

P3310008.JPG

Inside 2014
P3260048.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back