• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What alternator bracket to use with electric water pump?

66/440

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
I would like to put an electric water pump on my 440 but am trying to noodle out how to drive the alternator. I would be using the Meziere WP105SHD in my stock housing. Looks like if I remove the WP pully I might have the clearance to run it off the crank directly. Anyone have any experience doing this? Any ideas about brackets would be gratefully appreciated.

:popcorn2:Never done that, but interested in the outcome.

low-mount-alternator-bracket-mopar-brb-crank-trigger-model.jpg
The alternator is run off the crank with a special bracket setup and single pulley i bought years ago on my 470 stroker.... I think they are still available, but I gotta find you the name..(EDITED)...

Low mount alternator bracket Mopar Big Block B/RB Hemi, billet aluminum. (dotymi.com)

Last edited:
Since I already have electric fans I wont need to worry about a fan.

View attachment 1107064 The alternator is run off the crank with a special bracket setup and single pulley i bought years ago on my 470 stroker.... I think they are still available, but I gotta find you the name..(EDITED)...

Low mount alternator bracket Mopar Big Block B/RB Hemi, billet aluminum. (dotymi.com)
Looks good! I need to study the photo some more. The issue I may have is that I am running a right outlet pump. I had to do that to make the radiator work when I put the 440 in my '87 D150. It was originally a 318 truck and the radiator has a right hand lower outlet. Don't really want to have to change the radiator to make it work. Guess if I bought it and it didn't work I could use it on another project. I noticed that the photo shows a small toyota style alternator. I wonder if that is mandatory with this bracket?

I noticed that the photo shows a small toyota style alternator. I wonder if that is mandatory with this bracket?

Cant remember for sure, but i did go with something similar. Actually the desire was small, light, and one wire hookup... I had no need for originality, and the Mopar style alt is quite heavy and bulky. On mine, we did'nt use his dog-bone either, because the alt itself could mount right thru the front plate to the block. A quick phone call to Doty should give you the right answer. HTH, Lefty71

Cant remember for sure, but i did go with something similar. Actually the desire was small, light, and one wire hookup... I had no need for originality, and the Mopar style alt is quite heavy and bulky. On mine, we did'nt use his dog-bone either, because the alt itself could mount right thru the front plate to the block. A quick phone call to Doty should give you the right answer. HTH, Lefty71
This is exactly what I needed! Thanks Much!

Bummer, I just checked and the dotimi.com bracket requires an electric fuel pump as the alternator blocks the fuel pump.
Sooo...., still looking for a solution.

Bummer, I just checked and the dotimi.com bracket requires an electric fuel pump as the alternator blocks the fuel pump.
Sooo...., still looking for a solution.
Have you ran a straight edge from where the alternator is now to the crank pulley to see if you have clearance. The same with the PS pump if you have one.

Auto Transport Service
Back