• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are p369045x springs?

furious70

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I've got a pair that both have p369045x for a part number even though one is 6 leaves and the other 8.

20200822_170336.jpg 20200822_170107.jpg 20200822_170050.jpg

Sounds like a Mopar Performance number. The extra leaves should go on the right side, although I thought the driver side was p3690455

Last edited:
Mopar SS springs 3400# '64 - '65 w/auto trans 3690456 right side(more leafs), 3690457 left side. Seem like the older version, much better IMHO. The SS springs have the shorter 20" front half, like A bodies. Need the extended front spring hanger to use on B or E bodies.

I'm lost, how are you guys converting the X to one of the SS spring part numbers?

Not sure why it has "X" there. The info in my post #4 is out of the Direct Connection(DC) catalog. 6 leafs + 2 front 1/2 leafs on the right side spring, 6 leafs on the left side springs. That type spring stack combination was used on the early ('70's & 80's) versions. The newer springs seem to have a different stack combination with less leafs (reduced weight??) and not USA made. I hear the newer Canadian made were mostly OK, newer Mexican made very questionable.

How do I figure out the lbs rating on these then?
Post#4 And 6 explain it all. 3400 lb auto ss springs, two extra front leaves on the pass side of the car, need superstock front hangers for most b-bodies.
Edit, the different weight springs have entirely different numbers, more than just the last digit were different.
I have the same springs on my car, but mine are hecho en mexico. Ten years on the car, no problemo.

Last edited:
I believe the general rule for parts that have left and right components is
EVEN on RIGHT side
ODD on LEFT (Driver's side in USA)

Auto Transport Service
Back