• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are these solid rocker arms off of?

minnesota guy

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I go these yesterday with some other Mopar stuff. Not sure what off of. The aluminum pedestals are flat on the bottom, appear non movable and this assembly bolts to the head without the typical Mopar hold downs. Solid rockers

Thanks

IMG_0059[1].JPG IMG_0060[1].JPG

I can’t tell you exactly what those came off, but all early BB mopars had the bolt on stands.

I’ve worked on very little of the early stuff, so I can’t say for sure...... but I believe anything that used the bolt on stands also had the adjustable rockers.

Those look like early BB adjustable rockers that someone modified with those stands. Can you remove the stands? 440'
20191201_215050.jpg

I'd guess a early 60s Chrysler 300 with a solid lifter cam.
Mike

Those are BB mopar. Somewhere very late 63 and older. It went with the change from 4 bolt to 6 bolt valve covers. So the idea was to have 1964 model year with cast in stands on the heads and 6 bolt valve covers.

Those aluminum stands are not pressed on, they get over tightened and egg shaped and won’t come off or hard to get off.

Not all older BB had adjustable rockers. There were mostly with stamped steel rockers with the aluminum stands.

34851631-F775-48BD-A0BF-24E2F96F0F7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Those appear to be factory adjustable rockers for a pre-64 solid lifter big block, either a 300 engine or a maxwedge. They look exactly like my 63 max rockers, the aluminum stands were factory. That does NOT make them max wedge for sure, only likely for a solid cam engine. The stands slide on, can be disassembled and use later hold downs. If they dont just slide off, the shafts or stands have been abused.

Not all older BB had adjustable rockers. There were mostly with stamped steel rockers with the aluminum stands.

Good to know.
I never see any of that early stuff.

I made myself a set of the bolt-on stands, much stronger, more metal, made out of 6061 instead of the factory casting. Really nice. Put them away till later when i would need them. Its now later. Cant find em. S#!t.

I made myself a set of the bolt-on stands, much stronger, more metal, made out of 6061 instead of the factory casting. Really nice. Put them away till later when i would need them. Its now later. Cant find em. S#!t.
Lol! Story of my life! 440'

Adjustable rockers came on 413 marine engines. Don't know the year of engines, a friend gave me blocks were rotted from sea water.

I can’t tell you exactly what those came off, but all early BB mopars had the bolt on stands.

I’ve worked on very little of the early stuff, so I can’t say for sure...... but I believe anything that used the bolt on stands also had the adjustable rockers.

I had a 63 413 with pedestal style shaft mount & stamped rocker.. So I'm gonna say no, only "performance" engines got the adjustable rocker arms...

300 long/short ram with optional solid lifters (413/405hp for example), Max Wedge, etc. with 4-bolt valve covers is my experience.

Those are Crane style rockers NOT Chrysler style. I dont see the word crane so they could be Sig Erson copies

Auto Transport Service
Back