• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are they, are they still good, will they fit?

71SandbugCharger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Pulled these out of my project boxes. Are they motor mounts? I did a google, and there are many different ones. Are they worth fixing up and are they for my ‘71 Charger with a 383, or something else?

Thanks for the help and education!

C820C394-5ABF-43CF-B5B9-4DA4F58E0519.jpeg

Those are correct for your 71 with a 383. Use at least the brackets. If the rubber is solid run them too.

The motor side brackets are sure worth using, the rubber mounts??? Old stuff like those can cause lots of problems. Replacement motor mounts are readily available, the motor side not so much.

The motor side brackets are sure worth using, the rubber mounts??? Old stuff like those can cause lots of problems. Replacement motor mounts are readily available, the motor side not so much.

Considering the crappy new Chinese mounts everyone is selling I'd bolt a solid looking old made in USA mount on in a heartbeat.....

Think this will be an issue? Weld it shut? The other hole and the other bracket with both holes are fine.

4EDB8A88-F1EC-4944-8C0A-4327711EE33F.jpeg

Those brackets don't look right for a big block, the drivers side should have a tube welded to the lower bolt holes for installing a long bolt.

Thanks! after all this, I think I’ll just find NOS ones or newer ones to be sure. Especially, with the one that has a torn bolt hole.

If you have a MIG welder and the fabrication skills, the broken bracket could easily be repaired.

The insulators look like good original ones. See how thick the rubber is? Won't find that these days. Most are half as think which lowers the motor. If the rubber is still good I'd use them on an auto car, probably not on a 4-speed car though. The brackets won't fit your BB. They make repros but they aren't as strong as the originals which aren't that hard to find. I probably have a few sets.

Auto Transport Service
Back