• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you guys using between the roof and roof frame?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
What recommendations do you guys have to prevent the roof from rattling against the frame? Small shot of expandable foam, glob of seam sealer, or something else? The car I have apart currently has nothing. Was a New Mexico car and the factory stuff probably cracked and fell out from the desert sun.

My 67 has a couple of spots of the gunk that separates the hood frame from the skin also on the roof.

What recommendations do you guys have to prevent the roof from rattling against the frame? Small shot of expandable foam, glob of seam sealer, or something else? The car I have apart currently has nothing. Was a New Mexico car and the factory stuff probably cracked and fell out from the desert sun.

Believe it or not, PL Premium works well for this application and many others you'd never imagine. On a clean surface the stuff is great seam sealer provided your painting the seams.
Don't really know what this stuff is made of the bonding and moisture resistance properties is just incredible.

Never use expanding foam:eek:!!! I had to redo my hood after the media blaster warped the crap out of it and bought the expensive 2 part garbage that's actually made for it. I cleaned everything really well with thinner, it fell out once I started sanding:BangHead:...... expensive stuff!! Pissed off I grabbed a tube of liquid nail (cause that crap sticks to everything) and went to town. That was 3 years ago and no problems, can't pry it out! Works great

If I'm thinking correctly liquid nail and PL Premium are the same thing just different brands.

Panel bond, 3m makes a two part system. Once bonded it will never come apart!

Auto Transport Service
Back