• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your spring time "To Do List"

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
I have a few thing I have found during this winter.
Clutch Pedal won't return to normal position.

Carborator will not kick down to idle.

And it looks like after 3 years , for the second time .I will have to replace resto Battery..

Headers & duals, different wheels and tires, lighting upgrades, small 4bbl, small camshaft, and some striping are my intentions. We will see how far I get. Also considering twin scoops for the hood with some pins, solidify the R/T look and feel.

I've come to the conclusion finally that my car won't be ready by April, but I'm still out there almost everyday working. Getting closer I can almost see the finish line.

IMG_0893.PNG

Replace a leaking carb with bent housing, maybe put in my set of overload rear shocks for some attitude adjustment, and maybe a set of 15" wheels & tires to dress it up ? I may even start to restore the interior with better pieces I find throughout the swap meet season...

IMG_1891.JPG IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1925.JPG IMG_1809.JPG

1. Fix an oil leak (PCV valve issue?)
2. Replace fuel filter (not the tank vent & hopefully not the pump - pressure randomly dropping & the bouncing back up to 6psi)
3. Make a nitrous run
4. SAND, SAND, STRIP, PRIME, SAND, REPAIR, SAND, SAND, SAND (& paint hopefully)....did I mention the sanding?
5. New set of tires

Find and fix and oil leak - praying it's not the rear main. Seems like it's hopefully coming from the pan. Find and fix the issue with the factory tach. It just stopped working. Car seems to be eating way too much gas and you can smell it out the rear end. Adjust the carbs to a more nominal fuel flow to the six pack. Make it to Spring Fling in Van Nuys for the first time and meet Dennis H, Bladecutter and some of the other boys.

I am done with my ToDo list. Time to start driving the Redhead. Went for a first ride after the winter engine swap.

Sweet looking heartbeat you have there. Hope she runs like you anticipate....

1. Install my refinished: instrument cluster, 3 speed wiper motor and power brake booster
2. Install a new gas tank
3. Add electric cutouts
4. Finish my Classic Auto Air A/C installation
5. Drive it to every car show/cars and coffee that I can find!!

Simply drive and enjoy them. Although I might go to a slightly bigger tire on the back of the Coronet.

My wish is to stay as far away from the 'better-half' as I can.. She has WAY too many ideas when spring comes! Otherwise kinda like "purple" #4--sand,sand,sand....

Oil change, install new battery, and MAYBE, front disc brake conversion (haven't decided on that yet). Also, install correct 4 speed bezel insert on my Hurst pistol grip shifter handle. Bought it used and came with a 5 speed insert.

Last edited:
things to do on my 67 GTX
(1) install line lock and all brake lines. (done)
(2) replace original carpet
(3) upholster front buckets

Install Saginaw PS pump & brackets , new front brake hose's, new R side door mirror, 727 tail shaft bushing ,seal and new drive shaft yoke and install my new used but nice shape arm rests.

Finished taking it apart. Just ordered the stuff I need to slap it back together.Add some bars and a parachute mount.
I'd like add ,,,,,,,,,these SUPERFORMANCE GASKETS are the best gaskets I've seen!!!

1.18.17 045.jpg 1.27.17 001.jpg 1.27.17 013.jpg 1.27.17 018.jpg 1.31.17 008.jpg 2.10.17 004.jpg 2.10.17 005.jpg 2.10.17 006.jpg 2.13.17 003.jpg 2.18.17 009.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back