• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What balancer for stock appearing Hemi stroker

557hemi

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
What are you using on your hemi motors ?
Looking for something that will look close to stock, painted with motor - timing marks ???, easy pulley selection and be good for a 496 with stage V heads and intake.
Asking for too much ???

Last edited:
DSC01938.JPG
DSC01941.JPG

Fluidampr (non recessed) with a stock appearing aluminum water pump housing. I spaced the crank pulley with a spacer from 440source (127-1005). It may have been a direct fit with a stock iron housing, but I never tried. The timing marks on the damper aligned perfectly with the timing tab on the stock cover which came from a '77 400. The pump pulley was from a '73 440, the crank pulley came from ebay, it looks like 440source has pulleys though, in both single groove & two groove. I don't have a part number for the damper, it was used. I bought it from member HT413 a couple years ago on this forum actually. You can source the same water pump housing from Mancini Racing (MRE86900).

Thank you very much. That’s exactly the info/pics I’m looking for. Would you believe I just sold one of those fluidamprs last month.. Oops. Thanks again !

Auto Transport Service
Back