What color distributor cap?

General Mopar Tech Discussions

1. 70b5bluerunner

70b5bluerunner Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:11 PM
    Can someone tell me what color distributor cap came on a 69 Coronet R/T 440 4bbl automatic car and did it say mopar on it? Thanks in advance.

2. MoparMitch

MoparMitch FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    The cap should be Tan in color. Problem is, today when you get one from wherever, It is not correct, since it has a vent integrated on top. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find the correct one, that is much heavier and has no vent. Sold thousands of the correct ones back in the day. Telling my Age !!

• Like Like x 1
    • mobileparts

mobileparts Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      It was "tan" or "beige" -- both terminologies have been used -- and I come across them from time - to - time....
      I had twenty five cases of 48 in a case back in the day.... had 4 of them at the Mopar Nats this year -- and sold all 4 .... natch...
      See what I unearth this winter... will be at Chryslers @ Carlisle in July -- H107 - H108 ..... awesome MOPAR spread!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Moparparts

Moparparts FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        3:11 PM
        Should be a tan/brownish cap but single and dual point caps are different

• Like Like x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.